migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just need to whine

+8
Migrainegirl
pen
lesherb
CluelessKitty
AZgirl
Paradox
HeelerLady
crt
12 posters

Go down

Just need to whine Empty Just need to whine

Post  crt Sat Oct 02, 2010 2:45 pm

OK, so it's not a migraine and I am grateful for that. But I am super miserable. I've got some kind of nasty gut bug. No appetite whatsoever which is unusual for me. It's been 4 days. I have terrible abdominal cramps and don't dare go far from the bathroom. Sorry to be so crude, but I know you folks understand. I forced down a little brown rice yesterday but that's about all I've eaten in 4days. About all I can do is stay hydrated by drinking lots of water and home made electrolyte drink.

If that's not bad enough, I have to get a report done for work by Tues. It's not something that can wait or that someone else can do. I really am committed to this and blowing it off because I'm sick could cost me my job. So I am stuck with suffering and working. I do some work on the computer and then I go sit in the bathroom. You get the idea. I am feeling super sorry for myself, am in pain, and wanted some virtual support.

Thanks,
Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Just need to whine Empty Re: Just need to whine

Post  HeelerLady Sat Oct 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Chris,

That's just awful! Stomach bugs run a close second to m in my book. I can sympathize, I had one so bad while I was in grad school, I still can't look the same way at plain Jello. pale I hope it passes and that you are still able to get what you need to done.

I will say that at least it happened to a migraneur - at least we know how to power through feeling like total dog poo. Smile

Hang in there!

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:05 pm

sorry to hear crt. sounds like you should be getting to the end of this bug.

make sure you try and get some food in you and keep the liquids going.

watch for fever too.

hope you feel better soon.

-mgb

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:25 pm

Man, I'm sorry Chris. Thank goodness we have the means to work at home. Oops, sorry, that sounded a little merry sunshiny. When I'm in the shi&$, the last thing I want to do is look at the bright side. sunny

I'm happy to share your foul mood with you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:29 pm

Sorry you aren't feeling well. Any better now?
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Sat Oct 02, 2010 8:53 pm

Thanks folks, your kind words help so much when I feel so bad. You folks understand better than anyone. Most folks "out here" usually want me to stop being a baby and get down to business.

With this stomach bug or a migraine, a hug or a few sincere sympathetic words make so much difference. Thanks again.

I feel only slightly better, but I'll take it.

Take care everyone.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:47 pm

Oh yes, stomach issues esp. stomach flu with this peculiar, awful nausea is exhausting.
I will it to go away right now!

Hope you are better NOW.

Anybody who says to you "don't be a baby" should be shoot on the spot with the same flu virus. better yet-
a mutated, stronger variety. a waaaay, two weeks stronger.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:03 pm

Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast

Can you take anything for your tummy?

I sure hope you're feeling better soon so you can get your project done.

I don't know what else to type which would make you feel better.

I'm not syrupy sweet.....so my words shouldn't come back up on you, at least Razz
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Oct 03, 2010 3:26 pm

Sympathy Chris. That is what I started with two weeks ago. ON our anniversary, he cooked for me and I finished dinner and ran.
Soooo painful. No V just D. Backed off by the tuesday, but still not right. It moved into my throat and sinuses and has made me feel lousy, now going into week three.

I hope you dont get the second phase Chris. The first one is quite enough. I think I cope better with migraine than gut problems these days.

Hugs,

Pen

Last edited by pen on Wed Oct 06, 2010 5:58 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Cinnamon toast is good for stomach/ intestinal problems. Hope it helps some and you are feeling better.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:42 pm

Chris, have you had your stool tested for Salmonella? If it is positive, you then get to play twenty-questions with the health department (as I found out in July of 2009), since it is a reportable disease.

Eating a little yoghurt can help replenish the good bacteria in your gut, to fight the bad organisms. Besides toast; Melba Toast, crispbread, and saltine crackers are some other gentle foods to start with.

Of course, staying hydrated is the most important thing to do. (I got dehydrated, and received 1 liter fluids IV; not really enough, but it helped.)

If you can tolerate it (Ican't), Pepto-Bismal might help.

I hope you get well soon.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:32 am

{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}

I've been ther 3 weeks ago. It began with stomach flu then turned into cystitis and eventually into synus/ear infection. I had to stay home for an entire week with cramps, vomit, sneezing and other stuff. BUT no migraine Smile

Try to rest as much as you can and have rice and boiled potatoes. They help to aborb the extra luquids in your stomach/guts.

Take care
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:50 pm

I finally got through my report. Turned it in today before the deadline. What a nightmare! I had to do a lot of extra work for a variety of reasons I won't go into. My job is my job and I don't mind working hard. The thing is that I was sick the entire time which made the entire process so painful. I took your food suggestions and that was helpful and soothing. Thank you.

I feel a bit better but I wouldn't say that I'm well. At least I didn't get a migraine through this whole thing. I guess my stomach and "tube" was jealous of my head getting so much attention. I guess they wanted to be the center of misery for a change. Well I'm grateful that I'm done with the project, my head behaved, and most of all, I'm grateful for your support and good food recommendations.

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:01 am

Glad it is beginning to let you off Chris.
I am on week 3 now.
Stomach is easier. Left me with Loads of migraine and head pain.
Sinuses I think.

Pulled my back yesterday and my healer says, it is shoulder, tensing.
Too much sitting about.....but sure havent felt like moving.

I dont have to try to work.
Must be hard.
Take it easy, this one's a keeper.

Mad

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:26 am

I'm so glad you're feeling better too. How did you get that report done - take a laptop into the bathroom with you? Very Happy I had one of those a while ago and missed a whole week of work. I thought I would never sit comfortably again! They can really knock the wind out of your sails, so to speak.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:42 am

Chris,
It might be too late to really help, but try taking a lot of probiotics as soon as a stomach bug strikes. I get the pearls and take at least 10 of them 2-3 times a day until I start feeling better. It really shortens the course. Also, you should eat white rice instead of brown since it has less fiber. I eat cream of rice cereal, rice chips, and bowls of white rice with a little sugar and salt. Very binding! I have had lots of experience with this since I had undiagnosed Celiac Disease for too many years. Hope you are feeling better.
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  crt Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:46 am

Cathy wrote:I'm so glad you're feeling better too. How did you get that report done - take a laptop into the bathroom with you? Very Happy I had one of those a while ago and missed a whole week of work. I thought I would never sit comfortably again! They can really knock the wind out of your sails, so to speak.

Funny and embarrassing. Actually Cathy, I did take my laptop in the bathroom a few times. Where else but on this forum would I admit such a thing?

Chris
crt
crt

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:50 am

crt wrote:Funny and embarrassing. Actually Cathy, I did take my laptop in the bathroom a few times. Where else but on this forum would I admit such a thing?

Chris

Who else would understand so well? Glad things got done and you're on the mend. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down