migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody have this happen?

5 posters

Go down

Anybody have this happen? Empty Anybody have this happen?

Post  Kate Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:45 pm

You(me) have a migraine for days and doing the best you can. Doing things with others while having a m. All of a sudden, you get to the breaking point with your migraine and you have to take a break. Which puts others in a position were they have to go home too because you are all in the same car(we had been gone all day). It`s not done on purpose but it just happens once in awhile. Seems like the only reactions that I get is selfish ones. It ticks me off. If these people got a m, they`d be curled up in a ball wishing to die.

It`s like they expect you to just deal with it and so what if you`ve had a m for days. Ticks me off....
But in the beginning they are like, no problem, if you don`t feel well, we don`t have to do such and such today. But when it comes down to it, they really don`t mean what they say.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Anybody have this happen? Empty Re: Anybody have this happen?

Post  Paradox Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:19 pm

Something somewhat similar...I guess in the lack of respect dept.

I had a vicious m the other day, worst I've had in months. Vomiting, the works. Told hubby that all I wanted to do was try and sleep it off. And thankfully I fell asleep.

Only to be woken up by hubby standing and staring at me. Hunh? You know how that feels to startle awake. In fact hubby often laughs about how when our youngest was a baby boy he would do that to us in the middle of the night.

So I jump awake and hubby tells me he is going in to town to get bread. I started crying, I've been able read since I was six and a note on the microwave would have done just as well.

He always tells me how terrible he feels when I'm feeling poorly. Yet, instead of looking at me and thinking to himself "Oh good, she's getting some sleep" he thought "I'll stare at her til she wakes up". Excuse the French but WT....

Actions speak louder than words.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 am

I absolutely hate to be the weak one and will do everything to keep on going regardless of my disability. But some days......

I'm having a record month in pain and there is still a week to go. I woke this morning and told my usually compassionate boyfriend of 8 years that I was so tired and wished I didn't have to go to work. He got all annoyed and suggested I see the doctor and get blood tests already to find out whats wrong....!!!!!!!!.....I know whats wrong!

It's 5:30 am, I'm off ot a stressful job, Aug 23 and so far I"ve had 15 big migraines, 45 codiene, 20 Imitrex, never took a day off of work and still managed to go hiking, biking, fishing, golfing, volunteering community breakfast in a heatwave, going to pubs, and partying with heavy drinking loud friends. (I don't drink). Just to name a few things.

I drive home from work some days and I am dizzy and feeling like I could fall asleep. It's like I'm looking through a fishbowl and I haven't even had any meds that day.

I think it is okay for others to feel frustrated and annoyed, but if I have to shut up about it, then so do they. Suck it up. I do.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:31 am

My m make me extra tired. People don`t get when you are fighting m all the time, it can be mentally and physically draining. So they wonder why that I can`t just go,go,go like I use to. They don`t get it because they are to selfish to see what I have to deal with. It`s always about them. It ticks me off... I don`t need anyones pity. Just sometimes an unselfish attitude would be nice.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 am

It's hard. I try so hard to do things, especially those with the family, and it just sucks when you don't get the support you need. Unfortunately, I am not the only person in the family with pain issues. My niece has Cerebal Palsy and I've lost count of the surgeries she's had, one which gave her CRPS and her pain levels are just as bad if not worse than mine. My daughter has migraines and most likely cyclical Cushings which puts her in a lot of pain. So most of our family is very aware and supportive. But I have one sister who just thinks we are drug addicts or not doing enough or whatever. None of us speak or associate with her anymore because it is just too disruptive and not good for our health.

Friends have gone on the wayside, boyfriends have found it too much to deal with. Jobs have been compromised. Life is hard enough without people coping an attitude because I just can't do anymore. When you have an invisible disease, people don't take it seriously.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:35 pm

agree guys, not easy at all.

these brain "things" make life tough--but i have to say this to all those that like to dish it out.......go jump into a volcano.

they should just thank their lucky stars that they haven't come down with something. chances are at some point, they will.

karma is, you know____________. fill in blank.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:04 pm

Yup, what goes around...

I've been in a pretty bad mood since Hubs did that. The m broke, but I still couldn't shake the feeling of why in the world I was treated that way. I'm not usually a person who holds a grudge or stays mad. In fact I wasn't even mad...I was terribly hurt.

I think hurt is a harder thing to shake than mad. It also reminds one of other hurts.

Anywho...I Know Hubby is regretting being so thoughtless. I think he would rather I scream at him. But, on the hand, he is being extra sweet and making me feel cherished again. Maybe we needed the proverbial straw to get things back in the right place.

Get the feeling you struck a nerve with this post? No
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:26 pm

I have a friend that had never had a headache or any back pain. Whenever I had a bad migraine, which is often, or my back was acting up, I would always get an attitude that I was just lazy or pretending. Now, they get bad headaches and have back problems. I have never heard such complaining. I feel no sympathy for them either. Too many years of sucking it up and still being called lazy. It finally came around.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down