migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's another......Have you had this happen. Brain Fart

+2
alli
Chinookgrl
6 posters

Go down

Here's another......Have you had this happen.  Brain Fart Empty Here's another......Have you had this happen. Brain Fart

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:43 am

Holy cow, my brain must be turning into swiss cheese!

Apparently, I wrote a letter to the editor, a couple nights ago and they called to publish it. I don't even remeber writing it! It wasn't written in a medication-induced toxic cloud of influence. I had the sent email in my outbox. Not very well written.

I must have in my nightly browsing read something on the paper's website and clicked on write to the editor....LOL.

I don't remember doing any of this.

I was able to revise my writing.....and it was me. Not some alien bot that took over my computer.

I better have my coconut checked to see if the elevator is going even to the 2nd floor.

Any of you guys having some puzzling memory moments? I know we've all done things like walk out into the garage and forget why you did that, or try and put a screwdriver in the refrigerator instead of one of the kitchen drawers.

LOL....kinda.

Back to top Go down

Here's another......Have you had this happen.  Brain Fart Empty Re: Here's another......Have you had this happen. Brain Fart

Post  Chinookgrl Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:00 am

Thats funny, the computer and some medications don't seem to mix. I once got a package delivered opened it up and there was this lovely winter jacket that I had ordered on night. No recollection of ordering it. It was nice so I kept it.
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Here's another......Have you had this happen.  Brain Fart Empty Re: Here's another......Have you had this happen. Brain Fart

Post  alli Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:04 am

I forget things all the time. People's names. Things my daughter or son have told me. Things I've put away in a "safe place". What I was doing five minutes ago. It's worst when I am in pain (all the time! Smile ) and can't concentrate properly. Then I seem to do things and not remember doing them.

All part and parcel of our lovely afflictions and medications.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Aug 24, 2010 1:42 pm

Were you taking Ambien at the time?
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 2:38 pm

usual Ambien CR. never have issues with it. this was a new event. another thing i'll bring up with my family doc in a few days.

oooh transient amnesia. that's what i really need, like a hole in the head.

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Tue Aug 24, 2010 4:38 pm

Porsche Fan wrote:oooh transient amnesia. that's what i really need, like a hole in the head.

.......It sounds like a good basis for a plot on a soap opera, doesn't it?

Hope you get it figured out. These new weird things can really throw you for a loop. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:48 pm

I just read a bio by Kristen Chenowith. She talks about a Barbie head that arrived at her door that she ordered during the night and didn't remember. She called it an Ambien moment.... Rolling Eyes
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 9:54 pm

definitely don't think ambien had anything to do with it.

i've been on it for a long time and never had any of the goofy effects from it like sleep walking, etc.

even at my dose, it takes an hour or so to start kicking in. i sent my email only about 1/2 hour into the dose.

i can watch TV for as long as i want.

just a strange occurance that i'll need to bring up to my doc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:31 pm

i did a bit more digging into this....

it could be a migraine variant (indeed i had a severe migraine) that night, or a TIA.

just a very odd situation.....the editorial assistant's phone call surprised the heck out of me.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:16 pm

I'm sure your right...it would be different if you just started taking the ambien, changed doses, or added a different med.

I can't imagine how disconcerting that would be. To know you were cognizant enough to write it, find the papers web site and submit it! You're a really functional amnesiac! Marc, let us know what you discover...this is so odd.

I had one incident years ago but that was definitely a too many meds situation.

I doubt the idea of a TIA is very reassuring.

Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:03 am

Wow! I've had three instances in my past when I was told by reputable people that they had had a specific conversation with me in which I said things that not only I didn't remember but which I would never have wanted to say (such as turning down an invitation that I really wanted to have). But your story is a story of its own. I'm curious what the letter to the editor said. Did it represent your "cognizant opinion"?

My aunt had a bad Ambien moment once. My uncle "woke her up," so she said that she was going to go to the mailbox, which was just down the street from them. Then, she got in her car and was found half a mile away, crashed into a lightpost. She had no recollection of anything after going to bed. She doesn't take Ambien anymore!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Aug 25, 2010 12:41 pm

it's a little (uh hum) disconcerting.

i went through and read my email. it was something that was definitely on topic that was posted in the newspaper. in the past, i worked for the organization as a lifeguard. the email content had all the necessary components for an opening argument, position, defense, and closing. Some wording/usage was a little off and some repitition. other than that, i would consider it a rough draft. i must have sent it off.

in undergrad, i took a class that would take one class week to write and perfect one sentence, LOL. believe me, i do not write nearly as well as i used to and my vocabulary has shrunk--oh well.

i have a bit of an inkling of what could be going on. and yes, it's going to take a slew of docs and some testing to confirm or blow away a suspicion. really don't think meds were at play--nothing new or unusual. i did have a bad brain-ache that night.

yep a bit odd, but i should just forget the whole thing happened.............LOL
affraid

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:17 pm

lol! Everyone knows I forget things so they very nicely remind me.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down