migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen?

4 posters

Go down

Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen? Empty Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen?

Post  AngelTree Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:36 am

Hi guys,

So the good news is my head pain is much better since taking 300m neurontin with a high dose of Cardizem (calcium channel blocker). The weird news, is that I seem to be getting different auras. Does anyone else find that they go through aura "phases" where they will get one weird aura for 1-2 years, then it switches back to another weird aura?

So generally I will always have trouble talking during M. But recently due to the neurontin I don't even feel the head pain (which is great), but I will know it is M because of the time of month (I always get at least 2 M during my cycle). But two years ago I constantly got the flashing lights to blind spots, to I just couldn't plain see. Since taking Plavix and cardizem that went away, so for the last two years I've had issues with extreme lightheadedness and trouble talking as my main difficult aura. Well and also if it's bad, confusion.

Then when I started the neurontin I've actually thrown up twice (but was otherwise feeling fine), and I've had my left face/left hand numbness/ aching pain thing. I actually had that aura for three days (but no to very little head pain). I've actually had a couple of left sided headaches (which happens but I haven't had a left sided headache in about 5 years). So strange. And with the throwing up, both times I had taken my abortive meds for M, and I threw up anyways. And both times i was in the middle of work feeling fine when BANG...gee, I think I'm going to throw up.

And I know it's M, but it's kind of odd because before this I only threw up twice in the last like eight years. This year I've thrown up three times. I know some of you throw up all the time, but I'm kind of disturbed that my three preventives and three abortives aren't preventing the throwing up. It sucks. I'm also disturbed that the meds seem to be helping the pain part, and certain auras, but not other ones (like arm/neck numbness).

But seriously, do you find your aura symptoms change every so often? And do you find different meds affect them differently?

Thanks for being here,

Angel

AngelTree

Back to top Go down

Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen? Empty really weirded out by this

Post  dizzyflower Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:14 am

Sorry you are having to put up with these auras too. I know what you mean about changes in what they do over the years becuase I have had alterations that seem to be affected by different medications.

They seem to be reactions totally unique to my brain because it does as it wants and doesn't respond in predictable ways for any neuro so far.

If we manage to reduce the visual stuff I get the other stuff that was less of a problem.

Hope this is of use.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen? Empty Re: Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen?

Post  lesherb Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:28 pm

My migraine modus operandi have changed over the years. Standard advice is to always report changes to your doctor. If he/she isn't alarmed, it's probably just a normal change.

I hope things aren't too distressing for you.
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen? Empty Re: Really weirded out by this...has anyone else had this happen?

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:31 pm

Angel, it's so weird, you just described my symptoms almost to a t. But I didn't know that is what's characterized as "aura." I thought aura was mainly visual disturbances, so I've always told the dr. that I don't get an aura. I wonder if I should rethink that?
I've also been throwing up alot in the last month, and I used to throw up maybe once every few months.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  AngelTree Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:27 am

Hi guys,

I just wrote a nice long post but the website logged me out and erased it. I will write more when I get a few minutes. Thanks so much for your thoughts and support!

Angel

AngelTree

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down