migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's?

+5
RMcClure99
alk8980
AngelTree
Seaine
Brenda
9 posters

Go down

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's? Empty Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's?

Post  Brenda Sun Jan 27, 2013 4:00 pm

A few days ago, I woke up with a nasty migraine through the night. Immediately, had to throw up. I got out of bed as quickly as I could and ran for the toilet. I didn't make it quite quick enough and threw up a bit on myself a bit. As if that wasn't enough, I was throwing up so hard I wet my pants. I was alone, but utterly embarrassed. Anybody else feel that way, or have things like that happen, or am I alone?
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's? Empty Re: Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's?

Post  Seaine Sun Jan 27, 2013 6:45 pm

My very first migraine, I was in middle school. The nurse called my mom to pick me up, and I threw up on myself during the car ride home! Haha.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's? Empty Re: Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's?

Post  AngelTree Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:41 pm

Totally hear you on that one. My two major auras are trouble talking, and being confused. Half the time I think my co-workers probably think I'm stupid, but I've given up trying to explain! Then occasionally (like once a year) when it is really bad, I have trouble understanding other people, and that really freaks me out.

Bodies are weird aren't they?

Angel

AngelTree

Back to top Go down

Post  alk8980 Tue Feb 19, 2013 12:00 pm

I too have wet my pants many times, thrown up on myself many times, but the most embarassing thing for me is to be found naked after blacking out while getting out of the shower (which I was taking to clean up from peeing and throwing up on myself). Even if it is your boyfriend who finds you it is still embarassing and degrading.

alk8980

Back to top Go down

Post  RMcClure99 Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:47 pm

I once had a migraine hit when I was at the grocery store with my mom and we were at the register already so my mom figured I would be fine until we could at least get to the car as I had never thrown up or anything before and I ended up vomiting next to the ATM machine right next to the door >.< I had never been so embarrassed in my life!

RMcClure99

Back to top Go down

Post  lepoppet Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:57 am

I asked the male nurse in ER to marry me! And my husband was standing right next to me at the time.
Laughing Embarassed Razz Rolling Eyes Wink tongue affraid
lepoppet
lepoppet

Back to top Go down

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's? Empty Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's?

Post  Cindy*W Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:41 pm

Oh yes, I know exactly how you feel.

I am nauseated alot with the pain and the actually vomiting comes with little warning.

My problem is that when I do, my bladder just lets go completely.

So, when I have to see the Doctor when I have M, I am always petrified that I will have to vomit while I am there.

It's only happened a couple of times and luckily it was while I was in the exam room.

I carry a change of clothes with me in the car just in case.

It really sucks.

My doctor says that I can have a bladder repair at some point if I want to and it would fix my problem.

Maybe someday I can afford it.

Even with insurance it would cost me quite a bit out of pocket.

Thanks for this topic.

It makes me feel better that I am not alone in this problem.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Anybody else ever have embarrassing things happen during M's? Empty Ugh.

Post  doximom Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:07 am

I teach a computer class at a local community college. I am usually "lucky" enough to get a migraine on a day that I don't teach, or later in the day when I'm done. But last month it struck just while I was driving to school and it hit very hard and fast. I was so upset and in pain, couldn't see straight, nauseated, etc. that I stood in front of the class and stuttered. I walked out and actually thought of just getting in the car and going home. But I went back and explained that I was getting a migraine and that they could all go home. I felt horrible. Embarrassed and horrible.

Ugh.

doximom

Back to top Go down

Post  KnittingBunny Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:33 pm

lepoppet wrote:I asked the male nurse in ER to marry me! And my husband was standing right next to me at the time.
Laughing Embarassed Razz Rolling Eyes Wink tongue affraid

Thank you for posting that. That is easily the funniest thing I've heard today -and the laugh it gave me was fantastic. Not laughing AT you - but I can just imagine doing something like that too!

To the OP - please don't be embarrassed. Life is pretty weird. We all have had things happen that make us feel "less than" everyone else. The truth is that EVERYBODY has something happen that they think is just the WORST. It definitely stinks, but we've all got our things like that. Mine wasn't migraine related, but I've discovered an embarrassing and repeatable flaw about myself. If I take a long hot bath (I do daily) and lay almost flat the whole time (no sitting up) - and then get out of the tub and sneeze - I will leak badly enough that I have to change my undies and sometimes my jeans! Ugh! First time I did that, I wanted to just curl up in a ball and die. Stuff happens. We're tough though. :-)

KnittingBunny

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down