migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine symptom or a panic attack?

2 posters

Go down

Migraine symptom or a panic attack? Empty Migraine symptom or a panic attack?

Post  tinalouise Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:46 pm

I have been known to get auras followed by a milder, annoying type headache and sometimes no headache at all. I also have gotten the dizziness migraine, or what I think is that type of migraine. I just get really dizzy, woozy and sometimes it lasts all day and others a couple of hours. I am now wondering if these are in fact migraine attacks or panic attacks. I have had panic attacks before, the first one started because of the migraine/aura that threw me into one and I ended up at the ER. Does anyone know how to tell the difference between the two?

tinalouise

Back to top Go down

Migraine symptom or a panic attack? Empty Re: Migraine symptom or a panic attack?

Post  Jewishmother Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:56 pm

For me a panic attack is just that - panic - racing heart, high anxiety, agitation etc... What are normal aura symptoms for you? Dizziness is a symptom of lots of different medical issues........do you have vertigo or more of a light-headed feeling? Certainly dizziness can be a migraine symptom but it can also be due to inner ear issues........when you have the dizziness are there are changes to your pupils? It is confusing when our bodies toss in new symptoms - if the dizziness is a newer symptom you might want to discuss it with your doc. Please take care. Leslie
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Migraine symptom or a panic attack? Empty Re: Migraine symptom or a panic attack?

Post  tinalouise Fri Jul 30, 2010 2:02 pm

I am not sure what comes first actually. The dizziness or the panic. It happened yesterday and I did have the racing heart, could not sit still, jittery and of course dizzy. I have had it before, the same dizzy, woozy feeling and it does subside eventually but it is so scary when it is happening so I don't know if I am in panic mode because of the dizzy feeling or am I just having a panic attack that is making me feel dizzy. AHHH so annoying.

tinalouise

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down