migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More anxiety/panic attacks with migraine- any advice

2 posters

Go down

More anxiety/panic attacks with migraine- any advice Empty More anxiety/panic attacks with migraine- any advice

Post  sailingmuffin Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:13 pm

Hi All,

Recently, I started to have the occaisional panic/anxiety attack when the pain got bad. Usually, they didn't last long and went away pretty fast. My neuro and my psychiatrist both agree they are part of a combination of migraine and stress and told me to take an extra 1mg of Klonopin when they occurred and this works.

There has been a lot going on lately- normal life stuff, but it all happened at once- and I know that plays a part as well. It also doesn't help when I speak to my Mother and am told, "You must have taken something. Don't call if you have." It is just frustrating and I hate it. I hate that this disease can mess with everything from my ability to read to emotions. I am doing everything I know to do to deal with these migraines and the other symptoms. It is just frustrating. I have noticed that these attacks tend to occur when the headache is at its worst. It is almost like everything gets overloaded and it comes out as fear and stress or just from the pain.

Right now, I am just trying to rest and do everything I can to be ok for next weekend. One of my best friends is getting married next week and I am a bridesmaid. I go from the wedding to a family trip in North Carolina. I guess the only thing to do is to get some rest, take the meds, and pray that everything will be ok. I know it will. It is just annoying.

Pain free days,
sailingm
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

More anxiety/panic attacks with migraine- any advice Empty Re: More anxiety/panic attacks with migraine- any advice

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:19 am

SM,

Given all that you go through, I'd be surprised if you didn't suffer from some anxiety over it. I'm glad you have found some relief with the meds and with Dora.

I can't help but see that the complexity of your family relationships and their often poor support or understanding of your condition seems to contribute to your overall anxiety and psychological distress which I'm sure does not help with your physical condition. This is a major recurring theme. I highly recommend working this more with your therapist. You cannot change them, but you can change how you deal with their behavior.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down