migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Me, what is this

+4
chelle8178
Billy Ray
Brenda
jfittler
8 posters

Go down

Help Me, what is this Empty Help Me, what is this

Post  jfittler Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Thi started a few weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with a racing heart, unable to breath and very dizzy I woke my husband who managed to calme me down in the mean time I started getting hot flashes anyway I went back to sleep and it was gone, a few nights later I woke up to this weird feeling in my chest which then spread up my chest into my head and the followed by a heat in my neck which then spread through me accompanied by a feeling of impensing doom, this come in waves every 5 minutes or so for abput 30 minutes and then went I dunno if it was because it was the middle of the night or what but I felt very confused at the time also. This happened on and off during the night for 2 weeks or so, plus I started to get stomach pain, nausea a feeling I need to go to the toilet and then at the end of it I will get really cold and shake for a while, now its starting to happen during the day and Im feelinng very weird after it happens all day, I was fine yesterday then today it happened again but this time the feeling started in my head and I was very dizzy. I have been told I have silent migraines before but never have had these symptoms, does anyone else feel like this?!!! Ive been to the docs they say anxiety but I know its not.....any help would be appreciated. Oh I also get a really dry mouth with it also.

Julie

jfittler

Back to top Go down

Help Me, what is this Empty Re: Help Me, what is this

Post  Brenda Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:18 am

It could be a migraine, but to be honest it sounds a lot like the panic attacks my DH has or maybe menopausal symptoms. Is that possible? I know I've started having hot flashes like that. After they're over, I get very cold and shiver.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Ray Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:45 pm

Have had that at times. Don't know why. Not alot but hate the feeling.
Billy Ray
Billy Ray

Back to top Go down

Post  jfittler Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:10 am

I actually have panic attacks and have had for 13 years , no these arnt them there diffrent. I have considered menopause but Im 30 and breastfeeding a 10 month old baby so I dont think so but I guess it could be some sort of hormone thing, I thought maybe it was hypoglycimia but when I ate and bannana and had a lemonade after it happened I didnt feel much better. Thanks for the replys though guss Im not dead yet so Im going okay for now lol.

Julie

jfittler

Back to top Go down

Help Me, what is this Empty panic attack

Post  chelle8178 Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:20 am

Definitely sounds like a panic attack to me. I have anxiety disorder & the panic attacks I get are very similar to what you've described here. Get if checked out ASAP. Good luck to you. : )
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:44 pm

Sounds like a panic attack.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Help Me, what is this Empty Panic attacks

Post  Headforward Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:40 pm

Sounds very much like panic attacks I used to have before I went on anti-depressants. I got them soon after menopause and when I was having a lot of trouble in my marriage. So don't if stress or hormonal.

Headforward

Back to top Go down

Post  kathy Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:31 am

Call your OB. You may have really messed up hormones or even a thyroid crisis. Panic attacks don'e usually wake you up like that, at least not me, and the other symptoms are odd. She probably needs to run some labs. Make sure she runs liver functions, cardiac and thyroid.
kathy

kathy

Back to top Go down

Post  abp2626 Sat Feb 04, 2012 7:25 pm

I actually got those exact symptoms, BUT it was about 30-45 seconds into my breastfeeding. This happened about 6 years ago b/4 my migraines were brutal, so the docs never even considered anything to do w/ the migraines. However, my doc pulled me off of breastfeeding (think it started at the 4th month) and said it had to do w/ my hormones. My initial reaction was panic attacks too, but when I saw that you were breastfeeding, I thought that I would at least share this with you.

It sounds scary and I hope it goes away soon. Best of luck!
abp2626
abp2626

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum