migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pain in back of my head.

+11
Ivy
CluelessKitty
jwar
HeelerLady
tecky
Peter_sky
Hal
AngelTree
Jewishmother
alli
pen
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pain in back of my head. - Page 2 Empty Re: Pain in back of my head.

Post  tecky Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:24 pm

pen wrote:Just wanted to say, after a few better hours it is now 8pm. I just ate and was sitting here watching TV.
Then it hit. Right side of my head, under my ear, and in my neck. Feel pressure in my teeth and it is going across the back of my head. It isnt too bad, but that is what happens with me....just like someone threw a switch...

That's how mine occur, too, Pen. I think for a minute....Wow! I feel a little better....then the switch goes off and it's like a lightning strike and the pain is back. Equal opportunity pain--it jumps all around.

Yesterday my teeth (molars on right side) felt like they were loose when I chewed--painful (totally fine today) The back of the head and neck stuff is almost always there, as is my upper back & shoulder problems, but the right or left side of the head stuff switches. Sometimes to the forehead too.

I appreciate so much your quest for finding answers, Pen. It helps so many of us and so many of us can relate to your suffering. You're a blessing to all of us on Ronda's. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:42 pm

Ah bless you Becky. Thank you for such nice words.
I am so sorry you too have this back of the head thing,
And yes the switch is in there somewhere and throw in a second.
My teeth have been pressured today. Like something has a hold of them....hurts.

And mine moves around. From one side of my head to the other and I think I have a TP on my outer left eyebrow.
Sometimes it hurts when I chew.

I truly dont know exactly what this is, but it is not migraine as such.
I wonder how many triptans I have taken for what is not really migraine?
Sometimes they can help it a bit for a while, but other times nowt.

We need to suss this one Becky.
There might be no cure for migraine, but this might be something we can do something about.
I dont know how, and I know it wont stop the migraine, but it is an extra we could well do without.

Thanks.
Pen
Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:04 pm

I used to take Relpax and it worked so well for many years, but quit working a couple years ago altogether. Sad

Now, sometimes Orphenadrine Comp Forte helps with the back of the head/neck stuff. Zanaflex, DHE and toradol don't help. Ice is probably the most consistent help. I just don't know what I'd do without all my ice packs.

Hope your head clears up soon, Pen, so you can enjoy summer. flower sunny

Please take care,
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:51 pm

Thanks Becky. I hope so too.
When I figure what I should be doing, I'll be sure to do it. Or not do it...whatever.

Is the back of the head/neck type pain there when you wake?
Sometimes mine is, other times it hits when I start to move around.

Either way I hate thinking its not so bad and then it just hits.
It has sapped my confidence so much.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun Jun 06, 2010 7:10 pm

pen wrote:Is the back of the head/neck type pain there when you wake?
Sometimes mine is, other times it hits when I start to move around.

Either way I hate thinking its not so bad and then it just hits.
It has sapped my confidence so much.

Pen, most of the time it's there when I wake, but sometimes it hits when I start moving around. That's often when I realize I have an escalated migraine and the throbbing really starts, too.

Yeah, confidence......what's that? It's at an all-time low.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Pain in back of my head. - Page 2 Empty Occipital Neuralgia

Post  kiran Sat Jan 05, 2013 7:35 am

Hi, I read your reply to one of the answer, my mother who is 80 year old is facing this problem for the past 2 moths now her pain is getting intensified, her head has become very tender and she faces problem in opening jaw. Pain is inthe occipiatl region which she sometimes feels very stiff. You have mentioned some treatment from PHYSICAL THERAPIST, could you please tell me what treatment and exercise he has prescribed to you. My mother is on medication. Lyrica 75 mg and tegrital CR 200. Thanks

alli wrote:Have you had an MRI of that area? It seems that something is going on that is trapping a nerve or two. That can send radiating pain. I had a big problem with my first rib popping out of place and causing horrible pain in my neck and shoulder. It wasn't until a physical therapist noticed it while massaging my neck that we figured out what was going on. Four years of doctor visits and it's the PT that figured it out!

Now I can pop it back down as soon as I feel any tightness and YEARS of agony are gone. Something like this might be going on with you.

I hope you feel better soon. It just sucks when we hurt all the time.

kiran

Back to top Go down

Pain in back of my head. - Page 2 Empty Occipital Pain

Post  chandlertoo Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Pen,

I too have the same pain you get on a daily basis for years. I also get traditional migraines on top of it. There are a couple of things I wanted to mention to you, which might be more difficult due to your location.

1. Occipital blocks can help with the pain. I just got mine a week ago & it cut the pain in half. (I'll take what I can get.) Mine can trigger traditional migraines. Botox injections have also helped me with the pain. I actually prefer the Botox. My next step is to go back to the Botox. I see an Anesthesiologist for this.
2. Blood pressure - Studies are showing that a hole in the heart is linked to migraines. Not sure if this is linked to you or not, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to have it checked out. I had mine checked out & my heart was fine, yet a friend checked her's out & she had to have hers repaired. Once she had the surgery her migraines were gone. (Couldn't post my link, but if you google "migraines heart defect" you will find millions of links.)

I don't know if this is helpful for you, but I hope so. Good luck to you! Smile
chandlertoo
chandlertoo

Back to top Go down

Post  ET Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:17 am

The only thing that eventually helped me was beta blockers. The searing eye pain and neck pain have been reduced by about 50% the last 2 months since I began it. I was resistant to this med but some others have declared this was the only thing that reduced the pressure and pain they experienced. The M is not gone but better.

ET

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2