migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

headache in back of head

2 posters

Go down

headache in back of head Empty headache in back of head

Post  mattie Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:54 pm

Is it possible to have a migraine in the back of head on one side down into the neck? My neighbor has had this for 3 weeks or more. Dr did cat scan & there was nothing wrong just a sinus infection. She asked for an MRI but dr said there was no need & refused to do one. She's taken all kind of pain meds & they only help a short time.

She has had 2 weeks of antibiotics, still has headache & now is vomiting. She says it's the sickest she has ever been. I'm trying to get her to go to ER but since she was just at the dr yesterday she doesn't think it's necessary.

What do you think this could be? thanks.

mattie

Back to top Go down

headache in back of head Empty Re: headache in back of head

Post  Mini Fri Oct 12, 2012 5:03 pm

It sounds terrible, I am sure your friend must be owrn out by so much pain.

Mattie, I am not sure if it is the same thing but last year I had something which sounds quite similar from what you describing and I was told that it is ancolysing spondylitis in the top vertebrae of my neck, at the bottom of my scull.

The pain was terrible, just as you describe it and I felt quite sick with it.
My GP told me that there is nothing much he can do for me except to prescribe some antinflammatories, but I cannot take them, so he prescribed some prendnsolone (steroid) five day course, and it helped a lot.

BTW I don't understand why she was told that she has sinus problems since sinus pain is at teh front of teh head just above and sometimes below eyes, never at the back of the head, so antibiotic would not help in this case.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  mattie Fri Oct 12, 2012 7:08 pm

Thanks for your response. I didn't understand the sinus diagnosis either. We do have some incompetent doctors.

mattie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down