migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I have found something that is triggering head pain.

3 posters

Go down

I have found something that is triggering head pain. Empty I have found something that is triggering head pain.

Post  pen Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:05 am

Can anyone advise please.

I just dont need this.
I have actually been out this morning. I dont do mornings....

Come home, made my lunch, chatted to daughter.
Sat down. Taken one bite of sandwich and dreadful pain has gone right through the left of my head.
Cheek and eyebrow the worst.

Now I have a problem with my jaw that side.
Been to hospital, told it is tight muscles....no remedy given though.
I also have some sort of TP on my eyebrow which I thought might be sinus.

I have to stop this. The pain is as bad as migraine, but has a mechanical/physical cause.
And I KNOW this just now was caused by biting the sandwich.

Anyone relate to this please and suggest anything at all.

More pain I do NOT need...

Thanks.

pen

Back to top Go down

I have found something that is triggering head pain. Empty Re: I have found something that is triggering head pain.

Post  02R96 Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:52 am

Are muscle relaxers prescribed in the UK?. It seems like you could have been given something. It sounds like you had a doctor who is a miser with pain meds. Suspect
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

I have found something that is triggering head pain. Empty Re: I have found something that is triggering head pain.

Post  pen Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:28 am

Well Dan we have valium, which I am intolerant to, and not sure of anything else.
We just dont get the same amount of meds you all seem to.
I dont know it is cost or culture, but I have never been offered anything.
To be honest I am left to get on with it......

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 am

That sounds like Trigeminal Neuralgia. Has your Neuro checked you for TN? I have it and it is brutal. There are times when I can't eat solid food cause chewing hurts too much. There are some muscular issues that can cause pain but this sounds so much like TN that I am really wondering if that is what you have.

If so, Tegretol and Gabapentin are very effective in reducing the amount of pain you feel. Type 1 is treated with Tegretol and Type 2 with gabapentin (neurontin). I started taking large doses of Vit D as my levels were really low and low Vit D can cause neural pain. Gabapentin saps the body of Vit D and as I was on a very high dose, I had very little Vit D in my system. After 2 months of taking 8000 IU's a day, I'm off all meds and my pain levels are much more bearable. I still have flares but they are not nearly as bad as before.

I hope this helps.

Alli

alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:39 am

Thank you Alli, to be honest all the neuro does is talk and prescribe more meds. I dont want to take.
I have been to the dental hospital and he said no way TN.
I asked him, he said no not that. I dont know what test or anything they should run.
I had two big xrays. He said my sinuses sit on my nerves, and I have fibro so tight muscles...
That seemed to satisfy him. No one seems to care except me.

Not is seems to be going into migraine.
Oh I am so confused. I have vit D. I will try it,thanks.

Going off for a weep now, sorry.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:58 am

The dentist can't diagnose TN, a neuro has to do it. My dentist did a root canal TWICE on the same tooth when it was TN. Kaiser said I had sinus issues and it was TN. I was undiagnosed for over ten years and had uncontrollable pain that whole time. I had a freakin headache above my left eye (1st branch), where one of the branches ends, for over ten years, every single day. Sinus pain for months at a time (2nd branch) and the doctors told me the same thing, my sinuses were irritating the nerves, the roots of my teeth go right into my sinuses so that must be what causes the pain. It wasn't until it spread that I was dx'd properly. Now I am bilateral on all three branches. If I had been dx'd earlier I might have had other options.

You really need to pin your neurologist down and have him test for it. TN is rare, hard to diagnose and most doctors don't have a clue about it. One of the things they look for is what triggers the pain. For me it is cold, heat, touch, chewing and that doesn't even touch upon the times it just goes off without any triggers at all. If the pain goes on too long, I end up with a migraine on top of the facial pain. It works both ways too. Migraines trigger it too.

As much as I don't want to take meds anymore, TN is the one thing that I have to keep treating. I know that I will be back on Neurontin in the next few weeks or months. Remissions are shorter and shorter as I get older. But right now, I'm doing well. Hopefully when I do have to go back on meds it will be at a much lower dose.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down