migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too)

5 posters

Go down

Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too) Empty Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too)

Post  pen Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:11 am

For his last birthday we bought my husband a Helicopter ride. This was with the top recommended company that we could find for our area. One used by friends and our gliding club. That was June 2009. So far it has been cancelled twice due to bad weather and he was due to go this morning. He called yesterday to get his boarding pass, all is well

I woke with a bad head this morning, wasnt sure if it was migraine or not, but as I wanted to try and go to take some pictures, I took a Migard.
He called to check the weather as they instruct. Its cancelled.!!!!
There is a problem with the chopper.
Fantastic.! He called the actual booking company. Yes they knew, but no they didnt bother to call anyone...

How bad a service is that? He is totally disappointed.AGAIN!! I took a Triptan as it turns out for nothing, and we all have that
"All dressed up nowhere to go" feeling....again....Let's see what the have to say on Monday...

Its a beautiful day too. Would have had amazing views. He was going over Silverstone...(race track) and Cardington Hangers (R101)...Rats!!!!

Sorry, rant over... Twisted Evil

Last edited by pen on Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too) Empty Re: Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too)

Post  alli Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:17 am

That just sucks. You't think the booking company would call just for good customer relations. Who would recommend them now?

I hope he gets his ride soon.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too) Empty Re: Feel so bad for my husband....(and me a bit too)

Post  pen Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:34 am

Thanks Alli. It is ridiculous. Three cancellations. And it was a Birthday present....last year...kind of misses the point now, doesnt it??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:04 pm

Perhaps next time you need to book with a more reputable company.
I know that you can get cheap events, through some adverts in local press or popular catalogues etc Such people often use old helicopters which often break up, or they are not adequately mantained, and therefore are quite unrealible - in the end you only get, what you pay for.

My son is a helicopter pilot, and I know that in this business there is a great deal of competion and good companies are very aware about customer satisfaction, so this whole thing sounds most strange.

Get your money back, and book with somebody who will treat you better.
Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:37 am

Not too lucky with this flight, but you'll make it!
I'll keep my fingers crossed that you can soon enjoy it, I wish I were there with you Very Happy
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Mon Apr 26, 2010 5:41 am

These ideas are lovely but can be a real pain, for mother and father in laws 40th wed anniversay a few years ago we booked them a hot air ballon flight, thats was in the sept it took 4 false alarms and one mad dash, to the take off field, b4 they got their ride the following june, but they loved it so it was well worth the wait, i did a helicoptor ride for hubbys 30th, 12 years ago, and he really enjoyed it but we were lucky it went ahead on the first attempt, hope it happens soon Pen. x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:10 am

Thanks Theresa, they called first thing this morning and did apologise profusely.
We are now rescheduled in June.

They are reckoned to be the top company. We did our research.
Our neighbour is a pilot and he told us they use them from the local gliding club.

The first 2 occasions weren't their fault....weather cancellation.
Saturday wasn't either, but not letting us know was, and they have apologised.
Fitted in with us by giving a afternoon which means I can go along with a bit of luck.
Also given him a front seat....better view.

Also it will be almost on his birthday, so a year later....
I was pretty irked when I posted....cathartic to do it though.
Calmed down now and looking positive, he still has it to look forward to.

Onwards and upwards.......literally. lol!

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down