migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them..

+3
AuntieBubbs
alli
Greeneyes
7 posters

Go down

Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them.. Empty Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them..

Post  Greeneyes Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:43 am

Please help guys..my husband washed all his uniforms and took then out of the dryer..then he realized he left a pilot gel pen in a pocket..it's on all his work shirts and work pants..they are so expensive. Any ideas would be helpful..

I've already tried hairspray and Murhphys oil soap.

Egads Sad

Thank you again.

Praying that all is well with you and your families.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them.. Empty Re: Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them..

Post  Greeneyes Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:35 am

Greeneyes wrote:Please help guys..my husband washed all his uniforms and took then out of the dryer..then he realized he left a pilot gel pen in a pocket..it's on all his work shirts and work pants..they are so expensive. Any ideas would be helpful..

I've already tried hairspray and Murhphys oil soap.

Egads Sad

Thank you again.

Praying that all is well with you and your families.

it's also all over my dryer..it could be worse though.
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them.. Empty Re: Please help..my husband to gel ink all over his clothes and dried them..

Post  alli Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:48 am

Have you tried rubbing alcohol or as a last resort (try on a small spot) paint remover? One of those might help.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:20 am

Oh, my. I've done that. Shout stain remover works well for me, if I apply it pre-wash. Post wash, I can't think what works well. Everyone says club soda, or a baking soda mixture. Like, baking soda made into a paste? I don't know about that, though, I haven't tried it.

I actually have used Shout on our carpet instead of carpet stain remover, and it gets out coffee, orange soda, tobasco sauce, all kinds of stuff. Try Shout, scrub it in, let it sit for a while, and then wash? You may have to wash more than once. Let me see what I can find out from my mom, too Smile

EDIT:
I found this online. I didn't know about hairspray - sounds like you did, though. But it mentions soaking in white vinegar. I did know that but had forgotten. Hope this helps!

•Try a light spray of hair spray to loosen the laundry stains.

•Soak in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing detergent, and 1 tablespoon white vinegar for 30 minutes; use care when using vinegar on cotton and linen.

•Rinse with water and allow to dry.

•If stain persists, apply rubbing alcohol to the stain and cover with an absorbent pad moistened with alcohol (use alcohol sparingly on acrylic and modacrylic). Let stand as long as any stain is being removed. Change pad as it picks up the stain. Keep both the stain and pad moist with alcohol. Flush with alcohol and allow to dry.

•If any trace of stain remains, soak in a solution of 1 quart warm water, 1/2 teaspoon dishwashing detergent, and 1 tablespoon ammonia for 30 minutes. Rinse thoroughly with water and allow to dry.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:50 am

Thank you guys so much..still trying to get my dryer clean...grrr.

I thought about something from maybe True Value Hardware..wish my brain wasn't hurting.

Thank you again guys Very Happy
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  firefly Wed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Don't worry about getting the dryer cleaned out. The stains don't transfer on to clothes from the dryer and they will eventually fade on their own. Yes, I've been there done that. It was my favorite jeans I washed with my hubbys work clothes (and an ink pen) in our brand new dryer. Such is life.

Good luck with the clothes.

firefly

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:21 pm

Wendy,

You may want to get one of those home dry cleaning kits from the grocery store. Make sure you get one that has a bottle of the stain remover in it. I'm pretty sure the Dryell starter kit does. It's the same thing as dry cleaning solution, I believe. It should take it out for you.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:03 pm

There's this stuff called Imperial Cleaner, it's a 'dry cleaning' liquid and has been around for ages, usually in a red and yellow can that looks like a lighter fluid can. It works wonders on material or fiber type things, and I've seen it used on carpet with tar in it, and gum in the dryer and the jeans in the dryer. Took the carpet to a 'like new' condition.

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 am

I was going to suggest lighter fluid. It's worked on some pretty tough stains for me and occasionally works on ink.

My son washed an ink pen with his brand new Carhartt jacket several years ago and I was never able to get the ink out. I ended up taking almost all the color out of the jacket, but the ink remained after washing it several times with different concoctions. It's so frustrating.

I got an ink stain in my dryer when it was brand new too (husband's pen again). It has never faded but it has also not transferred onto anything either.

I hope one of these solutions works for you. It makes one sick to have clothes ruined by stains, especially in today's economy situation. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:19 pm

Lighter fluid, really? I didn't know lighter fluid would work as a stain remover.

Sara, I've never heard of this Imperial Cleaner stuff, it sounds pretty cool. I'll have to look for it. Is it available at the usual stores? Wal Mart, Target?

Greeneyes, please let us know how things turn out with your husband's clothes! Smile
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Greeneyes Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:09 am

Well..I went online to the pen company and they recommended five products to get the ink out.

My hubby bought Motsenbockers Lift Off # 3..it rated highly in comparison to the other products.

Unfortunately..the stains are still there..maybe, a tad lighter.. Sad

Thank you again for all your suggestion.

Blessings,
Greeneyes
Greeneyes
Greeneyes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara79 Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:45 am

Bubb's (I think that was the nickname you prefer, sorry if I've gotten it wrong). My folks used to find it anywhere, but I think they've had to start going to true hardware stores to find it recently. I need to get a new can, but I keep forgetting to look while I'm in a store.

Here's the product, I just managed to find it on google https://www.hardwareworld.com/Dry-Cleaner-Quart-Imperial-pIRUCTV.aspx I don't sell this or work for the manufacture's, I just have used this and think it works well (My standard statement whenever I recommend a specific product)

Sara79

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down