migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband

+3
hpilgrim
marion
kimsmom
7 posters

Go down

A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband Empty A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband

Post  kimsmom Wed Jan 20, 2010 4:33 pm

We resently got done having teens and twenty degree weather for over two weeks. During that time we realized almost too late that our heater downstairs was not working. It was 56 downstair in 18 degree weather. Pipes could break if we did not get this fixed fast.

We had all just gotten home from work and school. At 4:30 my husband takes out the moter and high tails it to the appliance store that was going to close at 5:30. We called first and they had the moter and cuplings. They were talking a language of parts that I did not know. ha

Luckily my husband can fix things and in an hour our heater was working with a slightly larger moter. Yea!

A week ago today my husband had his gall bladder surgery. All went well but he does not do well with pain meds and being put under. The morphine he was given stayed with him for a few days. He got sick in the hospital and had to spend the night. This was a good idea since he was developing pneumonia. Everytime he fell asleep this machine would sound off. He was shallow breathing. He is doing well now and we thank you all for your good thoughts and prayers.

That night when I was getting his pain meds my daughter calls me and tells me that a house in our neighborhood was burning. How awful! By the time I got home the fire department was just leaving. The lady left her stove on and left the house. The house filled with gas and all the windows blew out of her house and a large fire in the kichen.

Two and a half hours later the house is on fire again! Fully engulfed. We all ran and most of the neighbors who lived close by were there watching. Just horrible!

Very early this morning my daugher wakes us to tell us there is no hot water. Our water heater was broken. Great...my husband cannot lift heavy things right now. We were lucky. It was the hardware on the outside of the water heater that had gone bad. All is fixed now.

I am hoping for a quit next few weeks with nothing pressing....

Thank you again for your prayers,

kimsmom
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband Empty Re: A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband

Post  marion Wed Jan 20, 2010 5:45 pm

Well you certainly can't say nothing ever happens. Just imagine a life where nothing ever goes wrong and how dull it would be - I want dull!!!
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband Empty Re: A lot going on...sorry so late on the update of my husband

Post  hpilgrim Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:04 pm

Wow,
sounds like a migraine trigger multiplied exponentially...!
I hope you and your hubby can get some much needed peace for a while...
Holly
hpilgrim
hpilgrim

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Wed Jan 20, 2010 6:44 pm

I hope everything is fixed now so both of you can get some peace, rest and relaxation. A fire in the neighborhood can be pretty upsetting, not only to the homeowner, but everyone else nearby too.

Glad to hear the surgery went well (even though hubby had to stay overnight). Best to be safe.

Take care,

Becky
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:14 pm

Holy cow. When it rains, it pours, eh?
I am glad your husband's surgery went well, and finally he is recuperating now. I hope he will get back to his old self quickly.

Vibes of peace and serenity being sent your way Smile

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:31 am

Oh my....when it rains, it pours Sad
It seems that problems agree to arrive all together...

We have also very stiff temps here. I love that however as cold helps me with migraines Very Happy
I feel generally better in winter. The colder it is, the better I feel.

We also had a problem with the heater in our second home last week end.
We arrived there on Friday night and found out that the system was blocked. We had to re-pack everything and go back home Evil or Very Mad

I hope that your husband will soon feel well.

Take care
Bye
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Jan 21, 2010 2:32 pm

Life's just wanting to keep you on your toes isn't it?

Glad hubby is doing better.

Now, lay down on the couch and pray for some peace and quiet!

Thanks for letting us know how hubby is doing.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down