migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

#!% sewing machines

3 posters

Go down

#!% sewing machines Empty #!% sewing machines

Post  lentils Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:36 pm

Richard,
You brought back memories of watching my Grandmother use my mother's Necci sewing machine. It was the only time that Irish Catholic woman would curse. I should pull it out and give it a go again, it's been in the closet since the kids left.

lentils

Back to top Go down

#!% sewing machines Empty Re: #!% sewing machines

Post  Chairish1976 Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:25 am

So funny lentils... Reminds me of the old sewing machines my mom used, and the cursing that would ensue. lol!
Chairish1976
Chairish1976

Back to top Go down

Post  survivor Fri Apr 23, 2010 6:04 am

As much as I love sewing, my mom and my grandmother each had a machine that was enough to make a preacher cuss on Sunday.

Mom would just throw up her hands in frustration and I would dig it apart and fix it again. That machine was a lemon. Mom would get the timing fixed and it wouldn't be a week and it was off again.

Grandma had a very nice machine in a cabinet (singer) that EVERYONE hated. Grandma gave it to me when I got married at 18. I figured out there was a crack in the bobbin case and getting a new one made it much better but I still hated that thing. It is the only machine I have ever gotten rid of!

Just like any other equipment there can definitely be lemons or poor design. Takes all the joy out of the pursuit.

survivor

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down