migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine

4 posters

Go down

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine Empty sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine

Post  dizzyflower Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:35 am

Has anyone here tried one of these? There is an artical on www.bbc.co.uk about it. To find the artical it is easiest to just word search migraines on the home page and it is about the 2nd or 3rd one down.

It sounds like the and held versions are experimental, but it mentions big machines in hospital and I thought some of us might have experience of those.

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine Empty Re: sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine

Post  pen Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:43 am

Di, MAA are checking these out and have made a comment on their web page about them.
www.migraine.org.uk

P

pen

Back to top Go down

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine Empty Re: sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine

Post  lizholmesod Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 am

I'd love one about now! Got a stinker on. Stuck at work until aura subsides enough to get home without falling under a bus. Terribly hungry but too nauseous to eat, so dehydrated and low blood sugar which doesnt' help the old migraine - woo hoo! No

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:30 am

Only for aura migraine it seems, no good for me.
Sorry you feel so bad.
Sad

pen

Back to top Go down

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine Empty sTMS machine

Post  dizzyflower Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:17 am

I thought they meant that the extra benefit was that it would help people with aura that havn't had any effect with meds, but that it helped others too, or have I got that wrong?

Thanks for the other link, I will look it up.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

sTMS machines that help people with Aura migraine Empty comments by MAA

Post  dizzyflower Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:20 am

I couldn't find the comments. Do I have to pay for the newsletter to get them?

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:56 am

I haven't been able to try one, but have seen one and talked with some of the researchers for it and people from Neuralive, the company that makes it.

It's in clinical trials for FDA approval. The only way to get one now is to be in the clinical trials. Phooey!

The FDA has been changing their regulations about medical devices, and the TMS unit approval seems to be delayed by all of that.

The trial results so far have been excellent. It works well to abort a Migraine with aura. The trials now are studying if it will also work on Migraine without aura.

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down