migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

heart monitor removed this morning....

+4
Anna's Mom
Mianna
Paradox
lesherb
8 posters

Go down

heart monitor removed this morning.... Empty heart monitor removed this morning....

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:07 pm

staff was nice, procedure went well....but a heck of a lot of pain. was twilight sedation...woke up at the end then pretty groggy for an hour or so.

the monitor had a lot of scar tissue that encapsulated it. the doc (i had a plastic surgeon do this) had to remove a keloidal scar that had developed. a lot more pain taking it out....then having it put in.

i'm on a heavy course of anti-biotics for a week and have a lot of pain. very irritating. doc gave me a script of vicodin ES with short intervals. hopefully this thing will feel better in a couple days. stitches come out in a week.

rather unpleasant.

Sleep

Back to top Go down

heart monitor removed this morning.... Empty Re: heart monitor removed this morning....

Post  lesherb Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm sorry about the pain. I hope the pain meds help (they don't sound too strong to me).
When will you know the results of the monitor's readings?
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

heart monitor removed this morning.... Empty Re: heart monitor removed this morning....

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 17, 2009 1:53 pm

Thanks for keeping us updated.

I hope they're keeping you pain free

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:03 pm

thanks les and charlotte.

have the results, except for the last month's data. the information was downloaded periodically over the last year. the data has not been very conclusive one way or the other in explaining syncope. we do know that my heart's rhythm is relatively slow with some occasional pauses. each time i faint and we've recorded the data, it's been bradycardia.

i have my inventory of other stuff to take if Vicodin (7.5/750) doesn't work. i'm not anticipating having to take more than a day or two of pain meds for this. i just have to be careful not to put too much stress on the stitches.

the data from the nuclear studies last month is what i'm really waiting for. i have to talk to my doc about checking out why my systolic bp has shot up.

other than that, life is just swell.

thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post  Mianna Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:42 pm

Glad you're hanging in there Marc with your usual good humor.

I had to chuckle when you said.....everything else is going 'swell'.

'Swell' is my response when asked by those who know WAY better to ask how I am feeling and expect some cheery answer when it's obvious I am green with nausea and fighting a major headache.

So I just resist from getting a pissy attitude and say.......things are 'swell'.

I also use it, come to think of it, when people ask how I am and I know they don't really want to know the answer. It always throws them for quite a loop.

Just my quirky nature I guess! clown
Mianna
Mianna

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:17 pm

I have a favorite off-color joke which part of the punch line is "How nice".

My family and close friends go almost hysterical when they hear me say "how nice" to someone, because they know what I'm REALLY saying. silent

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:52 pm

Hope you heal up quickly! Take it easy!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:41 pm

awwwww bear hugs to you Marc

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

may you feel better asap

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:06 am

Ouch! Hope you heal speedily. How long had it been in situ for? I am currently deciding against having the ONS device 'installed' for many reasons, and one of them is the repeat surgery needed and possible scar tissue that could complicate things.

Take care

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  cupatea Fri Dec 18, 2009 4:28 pm

Marc,
I hope you are starting to feel a little better. That sounds very painful. I'm surprised that they didn't knock you out for the removal of it.
Now I must go hunt for the picture of you in your tux!!! I won't believe that you have finally posted a piccie of yourself until I see it for myself!
Take care, Bud,
T
cupatea
cupatea

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:47 pm

thanks everyone.

day 2 wasn't too bad. last evening was pretty painful, and i slept a lot today. i didn't have to take any pain meds except tylenol and got out to a christmas party. it is a bit sore now.

the monitor was in for 15 months amy. the scar tissue was a bit more than expected--i'm glad i had a plastic surgeon do the work rather than a cardio. he had to remove some scar tissue that had accumulated. tomorrow i can take the bandage off. i have to make sure there isn't any bleeding. i'll keep somewhat of a compression bandage for 2-3 more days. i'd have the same questions as you regarding an implantation.

cupatea, yes they did knock me out, not heavily. i propofol & fentanyl combo. i was out when they started and briefly woke up as they cleaned up. i did remember asking if bled a lot. didn't remember the trip back to the room though. they wanted me "out" (not general) because the surgeon had to do some clean work and do a good job sewing up.

pain medication is more than ample.

thanks! king

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:40 am

Just reading your story sounds painful, sounds like you're somewhat better with the pain, that's great. Great that you were able to attend the Christmas party. Hope things go well.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:01 pm

i was able to take the bandage off today. the surgeon did some nice work!

i was surprised though, the incision is about 3.5" long, and well stitched. i had very little bleeding which is surprising for aspirin and plavix. the scar tissue is gone, so hopefully this will heal cleanly. in case i need a pacemaker/defib in the future, at least the scar tissue is gone.

it's a bit sore today, but i think i can get by on tylenol.

thanks everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Dec 19, 2009 6:10 pm

I am so glad to know something went all fine and dandy for a change.
Who if not you - a medical veteran pirat - deserves a respite from all those pesky procedures!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down