migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ordered dresses for son's wedding

+7
survivor
Anna's Mom
CluelessKitty
LG
alli
HeelerLady
Paradox
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ordered dresses for son's wedding - Page 2 Empty Re: Ordered dresses for son's wedding

Post  HeelerLady Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:46 am

survivor -

Were you hiding in my mirror this morning? I'm just under 5'4" around 130#, have really long legs, short torso (no room between top of hips and rib cage either) but without the large bust but I have broad shoulders to compensate for the average sized bust. I always thought I resembled a spider and that my top half forgot to grow to match my lower half.

Shoes are the bane of my existence - I am a AAA narrow and wear between 9-11 (depending on the maker). My thought (as I was planning an outdoor wedding before - didn't happen) is get flats. Heels outside - asking for trouble as they sink into the ground and are likely to cause you to trip.

Hopefully you have a good trip today and the M leave you alone. I know that in MI today it's kind of nasty (my boyfriend lives there (more central MI) and said it was snowing this morning and is windy and cold but tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and mid-60's). I also sympathize with the week - yesterday was my first really good day since last wednesday.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Ordered dresses for son's wedding - Page 2 Empty Re: Ordered dresses for son's wedding

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:43 pm

paradox wrote:

I took Stillhurtin's advice and this is what I came up with. I guess I look okay in purple.

http://www.jumpyslinks.com/specialdays/birthday/oldgraymare/images/mare.gif

(see "cracked tooth" post for reference)

hahahaa you crack me up. I knew my buddy could take a joke. Your gonna be the prettiest graymare at the wedding I promise Wink
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Ordered dresses for son's wedding - Page 2 Empty Got the dress!

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:07 am

Drum roll, please......

http://www.edressme.com/spec-occasion-ap00.html#

Yes, I know, I know, Richard, it's black. BUT, it's a black and white wedding. The bride has approved it.

I'm wearing my mother's emerald ring so she can be there with me and am on the hunt for emerald costume jewelry necklace.

Got my shoes, bra and spanx.

I did not know that putting on spanx is a two person job. Modesty has no place in the Nordstroms Lingerie dressing room. I was tugging on the front and the sales clerk was tugging on the back Yes, jumping up and down was involved. Embarassed
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:11 am

Love it. You can't go wrong with black (ever). You can always dress it up for whatever occasion with accessories. My daughter chose a black dress for prom this year after trying on dozens of dresses. She looks very sophisticated in it and will actually be able to wear it on other occasions. Of course, by the time she accessorizes it, she could have bought 3 dresses (she has expensive taste).

Be sure to send pictures of the wedding.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:49 am

It's beautiful! You are going to look fantastic.

I LOVE, love, love spandex! I've gained so much weight on these darn drugs that I need spandex so I'm not lumpy. I'm looking at empire waist dresses for the SF ceremony. Much more flattering to my rather large rear end.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:01 am

Charlotte - really cute dress! Oh and the spanx thing - yeah you are not alone. I have something like it (just to smooth out a few areas) and it takes me forever to get that crap on by myself. Embarassed
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:06 am

You don't have to be overweight to be lumpy. I see even skinny people that could use it!

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2