migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My head burns!!!

+5
HeelerLady
lesherb
Johnfd
Anna's Mom
alli
9 posters

Go down

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My head burns!!! Empty AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My head burns!!!

Post  alli Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:39 am

God, i am so tired of my head burning!!!! It feels like I've been scalded all over the front of my scalp! This is the such an annoying and hard to ignore pain. I'm upping my meds and I can't wait for them to work.

THe migraine part is over so at least that part of my head isn't hurting.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My head burns!!! Empty Re: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! My head burns!!!

Post  Anna's Mom Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:16 pm

I wish there was something that could cool it down. It has to be so hard, Alli.

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Johnfd Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:26 pm

Thinking of you Alli. Hope the meds kick in quick.

John
Johnfd
Johnfd

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:27 pm

This is why I am having to go the Disability route. There is something wrong that is more than migraines and the only way to treat it well is to be on too many drugs to be employed full time. I have to sleep in the afternoons. I am so tired from dealing with t he constant pain that I have to sleep to get some relief. I can't feel the burning when I'm asleep, thank god.

I took half an ativan and than brought it down a couple of notches, but working will feeling a bit woozy is not easy.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:02 pm

Alli, I get the sensation that my hair has been pulled (very hard) on my scalp during and after a migraine episode. Luckily, I don't really feel it unless I touch my head where it hurts. I wonder if it is a similar thing to your burning?
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:10 pm

Leslie...my scalp gets super sensitive as well. No one can touch my hair and ponytails are evil. I have a feeling Alli's symptoms and ours are probably related. From what I understand, there are a ton of nerves (I think it is right under the bone) and I have a feeling they are all going haywire and any touch to the scalp probably sends those suckers into overdrive. Not one of my more favorite symptoms.

Alli - hope it's lessened for you. Head pain on the outside sucks too.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:26 am

Stick your head in the freezer. I do that sometimes when the pain is very bad. I take out the frozen food and stick my head in the freezer. It really helps. Back when I lived up north, I would go outside in the winter cold without a coat and just stand there. It felt so good. Everyone thought I was absolutely crazy. Little did they know!

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:08 am

I have wrapped ice packs and heat packs around my head for migraine pain but unfortunately it doesn't help with this. this is part of the Trigeminal Neuralgia that I have. Cold triggers it and heat triggers it. It is driving me nuts. Pulling my hair helps for a little bit but I can't pull my hair all day. Also rubbing my head vigorously helps but again.... What I'm doing with that is overriding the screwy nerve impulses with a stronger one. But it only works for a little bit.

Medication that slows down the nerve impulse is the only thing that helps but high doses make me stupid as they also slow down your brain activity. A rock and a hard place, eh? My Neuro and I are playing with my meds to try and find a "happy" medium.

In the meantime, when it gets really awful, out comes the Ativan and I work in a bit of a haze, but with less of a painful distraction.

I do get that sore scalp feeling during a migraine attack in a very specific place on my head. I wish that was the only place that hurt. That one goes away a few hours after the migraine abates. This is 24/7. Sad

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:01 pm

oh Ali sorry to hear you are havin such a rotten time, i know that burning pain, i have started getting TN in the last 12 months and it is horrible, hope by now you are able to rest x
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:41 pm

How about Aloe with Benzacain? I'm just guessing. If it would work, you probably would have tried it already.

I used to live in Fairfield and Vacaville. I have been to your town many times, many years ago.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:08 am

I haven't tried that but I will definitely get some and see if it helps. The triggers for my scalp burning are the ear pieces on my glasses and cold. I can wear a hat to try and avoid the cold and will try the benzacain over my ears to see if that stops that trigger. It's so annoying because I'm blind as a bat beyond 12 inches so I really need my glasses.

I had them off at work and my boss's son came in, who I've known for 13 years, and I could NOT tell how he was! Kind of embarrassing as he was waving hello and I felt a bit rude. I had to run put my glasses on to see who was waving at me!

I love my "little" town. Everything is right here. When I go visit my Mom up in Redding, I go through Fairfield and Vacaville. It is amazing how much they have grown, but it is still too far out for me.... and HOT!

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:51 am

I hope you can find something to help with the burning, Alli. It has to be so difficult for you, and you don't deserve the pain. Does standing in the shower with a little cooler than lukewarm water help any?

Like some of the others, I just get an extremely tender scalp, almost as if I had been bruised (isn't that call allodynia). It's pretty much constant any more, just varying intensities. I don't want anyone to touch my head and moving even a few hairs hurts like crazy. For that reason, I've let my short hair grow the past year and a half since I'm no longer working. It's below my shoulders now and I don't touch the curling iron any more.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, Alli.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Interesting,

When I was learning to fly, one of the requirements is to make a 100 mile solo cross country trip. I flew from Travis AFB to REDDING! You were probably 6 or 7 back then.

As for the sensitive scalp, my parents could never understand when I said, "My hair hurts."

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:51 am

Sometimes a shower helps but only for a little bit. It actually feels good for the time that I am in the shower... then it comes back. I've noticed that brushing my hair is not fun anymore, so it is shorter and a style that I just don't have to do anything with.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:12 pm

Gosh Alli the suffering you go thru, {{{you poor kitty}}}
I hope one day you'll know what causes it and get rid of it.

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down