migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines

5 posters

Go down

Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines Empty Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines

Post  mxgo Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:47 am

Has anybody tried the above combination for migraines? An Australian University Study indicated some pretty good results, for migraine relief with the above vitamins:

http://www.nutraingredients.com/Research/B-vitamins-may-offer-migraine-relief

The dosages used in the study are given in the above website.
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines Empty Re: Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines

Post  HeelerLady Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:07 am

Not tried the combo, but have done high level B2 and magnesium - zero effect. Also not impressed - one study of 52 participants...not terribly conclusive IMO. If they got repeated results with multiple trials, maybe....
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines Empty Re: Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines

Post  mxgo Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:26 am

I tried did the magnesium, 400 mg Vit. B2, and B-Complex w/vit C combination with no effect.

The reason I posted the information is that a migraineur from the Yahoo Migraine Group has had good results with the folic acid (2 mg), B6 (25 mg), and B12 (400 mcg) combination. Vit. B12 has been mentioned by some neurologist for migraines.
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dawn Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:36 am

I have tried those, as well as B2 and magnesium. Didn't work. Although, I still take B12 for other reasons. You just never know until you try.

Everyone reacts to treatment differently, for example, tripitans...they work for millions of people; but for me, I have had them either not work at all, made me feel worse, or have had terrible reactions to them. I am also on other meds that may not mesh well with certain treatments. You learn, and move on.

I would never discourage people from trying vitamins, as each person who suffers with migraines reacts differently to medications and/or vitamins. You should at least try it, and if it works, that's wonderful, if it doesn't...well then try something else.

After 7 years, I have been told by many doctors that there is nothing more than can do stop them except for high doses of injected demerol and visteril, which I hate getting because of how out of control I feel when coming down from the narcotics...it's like going through withdrawals (NOT FUN!), but it works for me, and I have to accept that, no matter how unpleasant the after affects are...we do what we must to keep going.

Good luck!

Dawn
Dawn
Dawn

http://www.greenourliving.com

Back to top Go down

Post  jeselle Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:08 am

I am taking 1000 mg magnesium, a B100, B2 and melatonin 6mg (that high dose prescribed by my neurologist) plus omega 3/6. This combo has not reduced the number of migraines but the severity of my migraines has decreased. This could be b/c of the new preventative I am on (zonegran). I am not sure. But I will stay with this vitamin regimen b/c I think it is helpful/useful.
jeselle
jeselle

Back to top Go down

Folic Acid, Vit. B6, & B12 for Migraines Empty folic acid and vitamins

Post  rileyoday Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 pm

I have tried those in various combos, but never reduced the number of M or severity. You should try it . 5-htp reduced the severity.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down