migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way....

4 posters

Go down

Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way.... Empty Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way....

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:11 pm

So lately my attndance has been bad ( I know you guys are shocked...lol). Innadditipn, I have run into some ethical concerns and have just been overall questioning staying there.

long story short.... I am being called into an lunch meeting tomorrow with one of the Directors and Assistant Directors to " go over a few ideas they have"

hmmmmm????

I honestly think this could very well go either way.... A "talking to" about my attendance, etc. Or... As 2 out of the 3 Directors are about to take a 3 month leave.... And I am in Administration directly below the Asst Director... They could be also be making some sort of offer ( or at least doing the blow smoke and dish additional responsibilities) heehee Smile

here's the crazy thing. I have equal vaildation to go peacefully down either road. I'm fed up enough that if they try to reprimand me I will most likely lay it all on the table.. Lol which wil be interesting.

And if it's a promotion or offer of sorts, well perhaps that will motivate me to make the changes I need to make to get me out of this slump I've been in.

All VERY intriguing. What a phone call to get at 7 pm on a Sunday night when I've already been unable to sleep!!

If this would have come up last week I would have been preparing for confrontation guns a blazin. However a request I made last week for compensation for a missed day despite me being out of paid days was surprisingly granted on Friday with a " oh yeah we can take cate of that no problem" AND then I ran into the 2 head Directors and they were so so so nice to me. All AFTER my written breakdown of resposibilities/frustrations that I addressed to the Asst Director earlier in the week.

We shall see. Could be an interesting day.

Sorry so long. That was the short version too... Lol
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way.... Empty Re: Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way....

Post  Paradox Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:17 pm

Keep us posted, Jess. It sounds so intriguing. It never fails with me when I think something will be a good meeting I get blindsided. When I'm expectly and prepared for the worse it goes smooth as silk and is not at all what I was stressing myself out about.

So wish we could afford for me to be a stay at home wife.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way.... Empty Re: Meeting at work tomorrow could go either way....

Post  marion Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm

Hope they're offering crazy money with incredibly short working hours, all done at your convenience!! Best of luck
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Mar 08, 2010 7:03 am

You always prepare for the worst and hope for the best. Hope things are non-stressful either way. I know you said you were okay about it going either way and just hope that whatever way it goes, it will be an easy transition. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:21 pm

It went.....good/fine

No mention of my time/abscences. Lots of compliments and some restructuring of responsibilities. Just lots if ideas being tossed around. Honestly....it was nice to hear the compliments and the restructuring was all in my favor (giving me more authority/autonomy)

I was not offered any compensation, however It was clearly stated that they did not care so much what time I got there/left for the day...meaning....next year when my son starts first grade I can work around his bus schedule which is huge!! NO afterschool daycare =)

Thanks for listening guys and gals
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:01 pm

I've always worked around my youngest son's schedule. My work was very gracious to accomodate me working a 36 hour week. I skip my lunch hour so I worked 8:00 - 3:00. It's only been in the last three months that I went to a 40 week (and my son's 20!)

However I feel SO guilty that I'm getting paid for 40 hours but am so frequently absent......I'm glad when I am there I'm obviously keeping them happy with my work or I wouldn't still be there.

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down