migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cross your fingers and wish me luck...

+11
lesherb
ShelliB
alli
tecky
Richard
Brent
AZgirl
pen
Anna's Mom
lentils
TeriRobert
15 posters

Go down

Cross your fingers and wish me luck... Empty Cross your fingers and wish me luck...

Post  TeriRobert Fri May 14, 2010 5:27 pm

Tomorrow, I head to DC for a two day special workshop for the NIH. The purpose of it is to look at current Migraine research funding, the true needs, and how funding can be increased. They invited a couple of dozen researchers, representatives from the National Headache Foundation and the Migraine Research Foundation (since both organizations do some research funding), and me.

Right now, I'm a bit freaked out at representing 37 million American Migraineurs, but I'm sure I'll be fine once I get there and the meeting starts.

When I get back, I'll be writing an article or blog and sharing whatever information I can.

Have a good weekend and week, everyone. If I get a chance, I'll pop in here.

Teri

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Cross your fingers and wish me luck... Empty meeting in DC

Post  lentils Fri May 14, 2010 5:38 pm

Let me be the first to wish you luck. Enjoy yourself and share some good info with us.

lentils

Back to top Go down

Cross your fingers and wish me luck... Empty Re: Cross your fingers and wish me luck...

Post  Anna's Mom Fri May 14, 2010 5:55 pm

Good luck! Hope you can check in!

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Cross your fingers and wish me luck... Empty Re: Cross your fingers and wish me luck...

Post  pen Fri May 14, 2010 6:16 pm

Wish you loads of luck Teri. Sure you will do just fine, but understand must be a bit daunting.
We need you over here in the UK too I fear.
But at least we can share in the feedback.

Good luck,

pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AZgirl Fri May 14, 2010 7:32 pm

Hope all is going well.
AZgirl
AZgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Fri May 14, 2010 11:29 pm

You will do a terrific job and I don't know anyone else more qualified. That is how progress is made on any problem and I await any new info you may pickup to share with us.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Sat May 15, 2010 2:01 am

I am EXTREMELY pleased to have you represent this migrainer. I cannot think of anyone who could represent migrainers better. thank you, Teri, for all you do on our behalf. I, for one, sincerely appreciate it.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat May 15, 2010 7:02 am

Good luck, Teri. I'll be thinking of and praying for you. Thanks for your undaunting crusade for migraineurs.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Sat May 15, 2010 8:03 am

Good luck Teri. You'll be great! They are lucky to have you as a presenter as we are to have you as our advocate.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  ShelliB Sat May 15, 2010 10:14 am

Best of luck!!
ShelliB
ShelliB

Back to top Go down

Post  lesherb Sat May 15, 2010 1:48 pm

I want to add my encouragement to the others here. I know you will be a fearless advocate for us and I am very eager to hear what you have learned from the gathering!
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  30yrsofheadache Sun May 16, 2010 5:30 am

Teri, I am right down the road in Northern VA. Sending you good thoughts. You do not need to be nervous, you have what others there do not: experience! Did you enjoy our beautiful weather yesterday? Sorry its not so nice today. Cant wait to hear about the findings.
Hugs,
Cindy
30yrsofheadache
30yrsofheadache

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun May 16, 2010 4:59 pm

GOOD LUCK TERI !!!!

I have crossed my fingers for you:)

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Sun May 16, 2010 7:20 pm

Good luck Teri! Know you will do just fine. We couldn't have a better representative. Smile

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Sun May 16, 2010 7:49 pm

Good Luck, Teri

So glad to have you on our side.
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Cross your fingers and wish me luck... Empty Reporting...

Post  TeriRobert Sun May 23, 2010 2:40 pm

Thanks for all your comments and support. I'm very encouraged after this meeting. So I don't have to type it all over again, you can read my report on the meeting in Migraine Research Funding - An Important Step.

Thanks again!
Teri

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Sun May 23, 2010 6:06 pm

Thank you Teri. I was wondering what came about for that meeting. Glad your energy is involved
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sun May 23, 2010 8:51 pm

Thank you so much for your efforts and for the update, Teri! It is so much appreciated. flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  TeriRobert Sun May 23, 2010 8:54 pm

You're very welcome. I'll keep everyone updated as more information is available. This is the most helpful I've felt about research for a very long time.

Teri

TeriRobert

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down