migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Whats with this site?

+3
AuntieBubbs
pen
Stillhurtin
7 posters

Go down

Whats with this site? Empty Whats with this site?

Post  Stillhurtin Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:02 pm

Ok...whats with all the auto-erasing of text while postin? I know it can't only be me cuz it happens across different computers and doesn't happen anywhere else I type.

It is hard enough to post in pain and on meds....and then to have it auto erase. ......SO flippin irritating. It seems to be happening more and more and I irritated. Is there anyone we can contact to address this problem and corect it?

I just tried twice to write a 4 paragraph response to Pen about her post on fibro. Both times....gone before I could finsih. Even this post got half erased the first time. Uggh!

Better hit send before it disspears. I hope someone with more computer knowledge than me can help. affraid
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Whats with this site? Empty Re: Whats with this site?

Post  pen Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:22 pm

Jess, I look forward to the post. Meanwhile, what I a doing is hitting "preview" every little while.
That way, whatever else you dont lose your cherished words.
Thanks.
No

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 pm

Jess, I haven't experienced that particular problem, but I have experienced a similar problem. Maybe because I don't write long responses to threads, but I do write long PM's. The board "eats" my PM's. That's what I call it.
When typing a long PM, if I hit "send," sometimes instead of sending it, the board "eats" it, and sends me instead back to the login screen. In effect, it has logged me out while I was typing my message, and my message gets swallowed up into nothing, I have to log back in, and retype my message. A pain in the butt if it was a long one.
I've finally learned to combat this by selecting all the text and copying it before I hit "send." That way, if the board doesn't send the message, and "eats" it, I can open a new message and hit "paste" and my message is ressurected and I can still send it. Maybe try that?

I think in my problem's case, what is happening is I am timing out of my login - I'm in one screen for too long, the board thinks I've gone inactive, and timed out my login, and thus logged me out. Could this be what is happening to you? I haven't tried timing how much time goes by when I type longer PMs, but I can try. If I had to guess, I'd say 45 minutes? Did it take you longer or shorter than that to type your reply on Fibro?

Hope this helps.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:38 pm

Yeah it happened to me, too! arrghhh how infuriating I HATE it! what I do just to be safe I copy the entire text just to be safe.
Preview is good, too!

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:33 pm

One other thing I do is to type the post onto a document and when I am ready just cut and past it onto the forum.
I have lost so many long posts in many places, it is so frustrating and not helpful when it is a struggle to even look at the screen.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  marion Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:10 pm

Yes happening to me too. Will try what you suggest about hitting preview Pen.
marion
marion

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:18 pm

happens to me too. I often wonder if people get my PM's because of this. In fact, Jess I sent you one a while ago. I asked you if you got it in another thread but you never replied or if you did I didn't see the answer. It was like a month ago that I responded to a PM you sent me but the forum could have stolen it from me because weird things happen on this page LOL. Let me know if you want me to resend Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:32 pm

LG

Just sent a reply. Lemme know if ya get it.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:29 am

Hey Jess, I got it! Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:22 am

I'm glad you addressed this problem. It happened to me a few times and I thought it was just me.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:35 am

No not just you, it's everybody. I am a member of a band forum and it doesn't happen over there. It still sends the PM's even though you time out of the forum. As soon as you enter your login info again it sends it right away. I think it must be a glitch in the forumotion system. I hate it but it isn't too difficult to copy and paste your message. My biggest problem after that is my daughter coming along and stepping on my keyboard. I have no idea what she presses but sometimes she goes and erases my entire message...usually its a long one. Mad Mommy has to work on her disciplinary skills LOL.
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down