migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just want to go to sleep..

+3
Cindy*W
Ivy
LG
7 posters

Go down

just want to go to sleep.. Empty just want to go to sleep..

Post  LG Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:16 am

Ugh. I'm having a bad night and want to vent off so here I go..

I've had a low grade migraine all day..this morning it was worse because of the snow but it evened out up until tonight. My husband and I have been fighting which always makes things worse. I have been tired since I upped my dose of topamax to 200mgs a day. I take 150mgs at night now and get tired but not pass outable so I went into bed at 10:30pm.

My husband was already sprawled out in the middle of the bed, so I pushed him over resulting in moaning and groaning. I fell asleep and two minutes later the onslaught of snoring came. Ugh. So I rolled him over and I fell asleep again. Five minutes passed and he rolled back over on his tummy and started snoring loudly again, woke me up. The whole night has been like this. He is refusing to sleep on the couch, refusing to sleep on his side..my head is now pounding and getting worse by the minute.

Every time I wake him up to roll over or to ask him to sleep on the couch (he likes it better out there first off and second the monitor for the baby is in the bedroom where I sleep..I promise I'm not a fridgid wife LOL) he goes off on me for waking him up probably because we were arguing before so he is still in argue mode and half asleep. It drives me nuts because yes, sure I'm waking him up but he's keeping me up and has been for 3 hours now. This happens EVERY NIGHT!

What do I do? He wont wear nasal strips or anything on his face at all. I've asked him to loose a little weight to stop the snoring, he won't do that. Is there something I can try to get this to stop? He won't see a doctor either so I'm praying for a miracle OTC product I can slip into his drink or something.

Off to the couch I go where I will be woken up at 6 when he leaves with a wicked m. from sleeping totally the wrong way on my neck. Awweeesome. Mad
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

just want to go to sleep.. Empty Re: just want to go to sleep..

Post  Ivy Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:07 am

Oh LoveGia,
I can relate so well....
My husband snores, too. Of course he denies it. One of these nights I'm gonna record him.... Wink
I use ear plugs when I really can't bear him and in this way I've solved the problem.

In addition to snoring, when he's not fine or when he's too stressed and cannot sleep well, he rolls and rolls and bumps and I cannot sleep. And this cannot be easily solved with ear plugs.

Men.....why are they so "animal" sometimes No ?
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

just want to go to sleep.. Empty just want to go to sleep..

Post  Cindy*W Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:14 am

We have the same problem in our house except we BOTH snore!

Off and on I use a product called Snore Stop. It comes in tabs or throat spray.

It works really well.

First I used it and hubby said he didn't hear me snore at all. Then the next night he used it (the throat spray) and it worked well for him too.

Not sure how it works, but it is a homeopathic product.

It comes in really handy when I visit relatives and don't want to be embarrassed by my snoring.

I think you can get it at most drugstores, and I know drugstore.com has it.

Sorry you are in pain. Hope you get to feeling better soon.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:53 am

thanks for the recommendation. will surely check it out. had one of the scariest auras ever right after posting this, tried to get up to go to the couch and couldn't. almost passed out, got to the bed to tell my husband and yacked all over the place which surely ended his snoring as I was still auraing out and couldn't clean it up myself.

still...scariest ever in my whole life. Couldn't move, couldn't get up...couldn't think. Felt like all the blood was draining out of my body so I reached for my pulse and couldn't even think that far to get it. My head is hurting bad but thank god topamax..if it wasn't for topamax I'd be at a 9 instead of a 7 right now. Still can't sleep. Haven't at all. Gia's going to be difficult to care for tomorrow. Crying or Very sad Please wish me well guys, it usually helps!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:17 am

Thinking of you I love you
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Mar 04, 2010 4:49 am

thanks Ivy, took meds and feel better already. Bet your good wishes for me helped. I promise I will return the favor in the upcoming warmer months. Wink
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:25 am

Ear plugs!!!! I swear by them. The last two boyfriends I had snored like lumberjacks. ( gosh, that sounds so bad! one was a five year relationship and the other was a year and a half) anyway the only thing that helped were earplugs. You have to try different ones til you find what works best for you, but I found that the foam ones were best.

For whatever reason the snorers (not all mind you, but a lot) won't do anything to stop the snoring, so earplugs are the savior for those of us who actually want to sleep! Smile

Being a mother, you will most likely be able to hear your daughter through the ear plugs. Experiment with them when she is making noise. But the mother hearing jumps in and we can hear our babies through anything. Somehow, our brains KNOW what sounds are important. I could hear my kids through the soundest sleep and worst pain.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:49 am

Oh, LG, I'm so sorry! How awful for you. I hope you're feeling better. I feel so bad you got sick and everything. I wish there was something we could do. Sending you virtual hugs and well wishes that today is a better day.

My sister snores badly, and my BIL wears earplugs. He also usually goes to bed about 30 minutes before her so that he can fall asleep first. He says the earplugs help, so they're definitely a good idea. But I would offer this caution: my sister complains that he doesn't hear anything through them. When the baby was smaller (and remember, I've been around them since the baby was actually a baby, 9 months, and he's 3 now), she said she always had to get up in the night because BIL never heard the baby cry or anything through the earplugs.
Could be selective hearing, of course. My BIL doesn't like to get up, why should he when mommy will do it? But thought I'd mention it as something to keep in mind if you're concerned that your hubby won't listen for Gia as carefully as you would.
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:36 pm

I think I'll try out this snore stop first and then give the earplugs a shot. If I can eliminate the snoring first that is the main priority! Then of course blocking it out is next. Gia is getting older by the day so eventually she will be in a toddler bed and be waking me up. Then earplugs won't be a problem at all. Still, it's worth a shot even now. I am getting so tired of the loud obnoxious noises that come out of my hubs face at night LOL
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:23 pm

Auntie Bubbs,

It's been my experience as well as some of my friends that the guys don't hear the kids at night, ear plugs or not!

Hubby was the BEST Dad during the day. Night time rolled around and by the time I got done beating him awake I was wide awake so I took care of it anyway.

I do remember when I was breast feeding, he would roll over and sleepily say "I'd take care of that if I could" and roll back over sound asleep...hmm, is that why he wanted me to breast feed until the kids were 18? Razz I'm thinking that was not the reason!

Charlotte
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:36 pm

paradox wrote:It's been my experience as well as some of my friends that the guys don't hear the kids at night, ear plugs or not!

Hubby was the BEST Dad during the day. Night time rolled around and by the time I got done beating him awake I was wide awake so I took care of it anyway.

I do remember when I was breast feeding, he would roll over and sleepily say "I'd take care of that if I could" and roll back over sound asleep...hmm, is that why he wanted me to breast feed until the kids were 18? Razz I'm thinking that was not the reason!

I couldn't agree with you more, Charlotte! I think women are endowed with extra-sensitive hearing abilities after giving birth that lasts the rest of their lives. Before I had my boys, I could sleep through anything. After I had them, I'd wake at the slightest peep from them.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down