migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help??

5 posters

Go down

what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help?? Empty what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help??

Post  myheadhurts Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:39 am

I suffer migraine with aura and have done since a child, I am now 60. Over the last 10 years I have averaged around 8 per year quite controllable. Last year this no increased to 13 and so far this year I have now experienced 21, three of which have occurred in the last 3 days...ie I have had a separate migraine with aura on Friday...on Saturday...and again today Sunday. I was in tears today as I am in so much pain. I have been to a neurologist and have tried every medicine including preventatives but nothing has ever helped. In desperation I have decided to pay for acupuncture in the near future? Does anyone else experience this increase in headaches? Why have the number suddenly increased over the last 2 years? Can anyone suggest or give me any hope???? pale pale pale
myheadhurts
myheadhurts

http://www.zonacrypt.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help?? Empty Re: what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help??

Post  Seaine Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:31 am

It's probably due to some sort of change in your routine. A new medication you started, or a new food you started eating.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help?? Empty Re: what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help??

Post  Mini Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:41 pm

I agree, such sudden change in M frequency often have a specific cause.
In the first place think carefully about any changes in your lifestyle, diet or if you started any new medication. All medicines has side effects and it is head that often protests first.

Are you on HTR? And if so, have you recently changed to another kind.

Try to start a M diary, where you note everyday such things like if you had M, what you had to eat, or drink, what medicines you took etc. Look into your medicines s/e list on the internet.

For examples many things like Chinese food (MSG),  cheese, chocolate, or diet drinks (Aspartame, or any artificial sweeteners in sweet deserts and many other foods) can trigger bad M for many of us.

I am afraid there are many M triggers, and they vary for each of us, so you need to try to make the connection, because it is very individual thing.
The above are some of the most common triggers, there are many more.
I hope you will be able to find out what it is that made such change to your M, but keep trying, when you find out and stop the trigger, this makes lots of difference.
Good Luck

Last edited by Mini on Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:29 am; edited 2 times in total
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Seaine Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:29 pm

Yes, and don't be afraid to keep looking into different causes and failing. Because migraines are caused by so many different things it is normal to try one solution and have it not work. I looked into many many different triggers and had bumps along the way but over years have been able to reduce my migraines. Also remember that a trigger for a migraine can happen 24 hours BEFORE you get the migraine.
Seaine
Seaine

Back to top Go down

Post  myheadhurts Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:14 am

Thanks for the replies...had a long chat with doctor yesterday and decided to use lots of medicine he suggested including preventatives and suppositories. My blood pressure was also high (although my understanding is that migraine can raise it) and have decided to take some time off work. As I presented in a somewhat stressed state to him he suggested the headspace app to help me relax and meditate! Nor sure about this Smile
myheadhurts
myheadhurts

http://www.zonacrypt.blogspot.co.uk

Back to top Go down

what is the reason for my great in increase in migraines? can anyone help?? Empty INCREASE IN MIGrANES AS YOU AGE?

Post  flo_02472 Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:03 pm

I am 70 and find the migraines have come more often as I get older. If this keeps up I will die a complete inviid but I do try new medications and get completely frustrated when none work. At this point the headaches have taken over my life. I cannot even plan to go out to lunch & never a social event. I am sure many of us can relate to that. Please respond to flo_02472@yahoo.com Thanks. Cool Crying or Very sad

flo_02472

Back to top Go down

Post  shakil123456 Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:12 am

ACUPUNCTURE DOES NOT HELP IN MIGRAINE SPECIALLY MORE THAN THE AGE OF 50 . IT IS MY EXPERIENCE.

shakil123456

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down