migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad migraine- toradol injection

3 posters

Go down

Bad migraine- toradol injection Empty Bad migraine- toradol injection

Post  sailingmuffin Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:49 pm

Hi All,

I know it has been a while since I posted, but I thought I'd check in.

The migraines have been pretty bad lately. Also, the migraine triggers the fainting and there is just this vicious cycle. I am so frustrated. My usual meds haven't really touched this one- which will probably mean an IV.

I have toradol and Phenergan injections here, but they do not seem to be working as well. Since Friday, I've had to use it three times. Also needed two shots on Saturday. I have a call in to my neuro about the IV and am scheduled for Botox later this month. I just hate this feeling- the brain fog has been horrendous- I just cant think straight right now.

Thanks for letting me vent.

Any ideas welcome.

Pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Bad migraine- toradol injection Empty Re: Bad migraine- toradol injection

Post  BillH Fri Jul 29, 2016 6:27 am

In our area no one keeps the meperedine (demerol) due to excessive theft and abuse. I have had the Torodol shots, great for kidney stones, absolute zero against Migraines, my Wife has the same experience.
I had my 2nd round of Botox at Stanford May31, was sick a couple days, felt okay for 2 and have not been migraine free since. Tear glands , nasal hisitimine production, swallowing issues, vocal chords less than acceptable for my uses. If you can get them to administer Butorphanol instead of the Torodol you should really see a big difference, Good luck!
=BillH

BillH

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:21 pm

Almost 4 years ago before I started Pain Management, I saw an MD for 13 years who gave me demerol shots in his office when I needed them.

They really helped alot but it is true that no one carries demerol much anymore.

Butorphanol does work.

I used to use the nasal spray but it is an agonist-antagonist so never take it if you are currently taking any type of opioid pain med because it will throw you into immediate withdrawals.

I say this from experience and it is terrible!

Anyway, best of luck to you.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down