migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cefaly Help

4 posters

Go down

Cefaly Help Empty Cefaly Help

Post  kloos Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:59 am

I have been putting off buying the Cefaly for a long time due to the lack of proper blind trials, but hey, everyone has their braking point.  My migs have gotten a lot worse lately so I though that it was worth the investment.

My first and only reaction to using it is... How does anyone cope with the pain?  

I can only keep it on for a maximum of 4 minutes before the pain in my eyes gets so painful that I have to remove it.  Ok if you read my blog you can see that I did try it for the full 20 minutes, but it about blew my head off and really I shouldn't have put myself through so much torture.

Please, either I need some advice and help or there is a virtually new machine for sale!!!

kloos

Back to top Go down

Cefaly Help Empty Re: Cefaly Help

Post  Kem10 Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:02 am

It is rather difficult to get used to for the first couple of weeks. I started at low intensity and only used it for 10 minutes or so at that low intensity. After a while I could use it longer and after even more time I used it at full intensity but only after 2 or 3 weeks. For some reason your head gets used to it or something because it begins to feel kind of good and not painful at all. You will also find that the unit loses contact with the electrode on your forehead rather easily and my solution was to keep a little pressure on the unit against my head with my hand. You can use the electrode pads a lot longer than the 20 days or so that way.

Having said that, I am disappointed that after almost 3 months I have not really felt that the Cefaly has been beneficial. I will try using it only when I have a migraine rather than daily and see if that helps but thus far it has been a fail for me.
Kem10
Kem10

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Dec 16, 2015 10:36 am

Hi Kloos -

I can't take it very strong either. I've never had pain in my eyes though, just at the site of the pad. Try just using it lower. I always hit the button when it is just getting uncomfortable. when I try to go longer it hurts too much. I don't know if you could move the pad up a bit and it wouldn't hurt as much, but then is it hitting the nerve right? It's anyone's guess. They send me e-mails about how is it working for me and to call if I have questions so maybe you should call the company. I hope it works for you.

Kem - I'm so sorry it didn't help you a lot. It didn't get rid of mine either. I use it now every night and try to never skip a day. I still get migraines, but the pain is less and they don't last as long. Part of my problem is that my neck is really bad and all that pain mixes together and I have to differentiate between the neck and head pain. When I didn't need as much of my painkiller, I realized how bad my neck really hurts! And also, my joints hurt so much worse because I have Lyme disease and all my joints and also my head are affected by that. Sometimes it seems like you just can't win. Neutral

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:31 am

I did not experience any pain with it. I thought it actually felt rather good.

Per the instructions, it ramps up very slowly starting from virtually nothing. You press the button again when it gets to the level you feel is comfortable and it stops at that level. So make sure to do that. You certainly wouldn't want to go to full volume.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:36 am

Is it working any better for you now?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content