migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic

3 posters

Go down

Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic Empty Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic

Post  Laura Fri May 16, 2014 10:19 pm

Changes in my sleep routine are a trigger for me.  So when I get a bad migraine that sends me home I try not to sleep too much during the day - for fear it will make my migraine worse.  If sleep changes are a trigger for you - do you sleep as much as you want during the migraine or do you try to still keep your usual sleep routine?  

I am having a migraine and am on the third day now.  It began when a weather front moved through. I've allowed myself a 2 hour nap during the day but no more - so that I can go to bed at my usual time at night.  I'm thinking if I still have it tomorrow maybe I should try just sleeping as much as my body tells me to.  Or will that just make it worse and last longer?

This is a disappointment. I've had 4 rounds of Botox injections and thought things were getting better. Does this mean the Botox has quit working? I really hope not. I've also begun chiropractic adjustments for neck and hip pain. Could that make one more susceptible to migraine triggers?
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic Empty 5th day now.

Post  Laura Sun May 18, 2014 2:52 pm

5th day of a migraine now. I don't mean to sound whiny - I know some people have a migraine every day of their lives. But I would like it to stop. Doc had me take ondansetron (zofran), Sumatriptan injection, and cambia (diclofenac potassium). Here's hoping it puts an end to this. Don't know if I should try to nap or stay awake.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic Empty Re: Sleep - Botox - Chiropractic

Post  Mini Sun May 18, 2014 3:16 pm

I am so sorry Laura about your five days of pain.
I know it might seem like it will never end, but just when I feel like just this, it often does.
BTW mine bouts can last (at worst) five days, and this this is also when I start to panic and feel that they feel never stop. But by next day the pain is gone.

Try not to get too stressed though, as stress itself can be a trigger. If you feel like sleeping, sleep. Why not? Sometimes a restful sleep is just what we need to stop the bout of migraine.
I hope by tomorrow you might feel better.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Laura Sun May 18, 2014 7:51 pm

Thank you for the encouragement. Nothing has helped yet. But hopefully I'll wake up well enough to go into work. Sleep is usually the reset switch for me. I'm hoping this will be self-limiting.
Laura
Laura

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Jun 05, 2014 9:15 am

I knock myself out so I can sleep through the pain. I have painkillers and I have Phenergan for the nausea which is fairly sedating. Taking both lets me sleep for several hours and sometimes I wake when it's gone.

Yes, if I sleep all day I end up not sleeping at night and being tired the next day. Sometimes I can still sleep at night. It's a balance that's hard to maintain.

I hope you're feeling better.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mini Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:57 am

How are you feeling Laura, any relief from pain yet? I have been thinking about you and how you are doing.
Mini
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down