migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chiropractice

+9
02R96
rileyoday
dcook60
dizzyflower
theresae
Stillhurtin
LG
Brent
pen
13 posters

Go down

Chiropractice Empty Chiropractice

Post  pen Fri Jan 29, 2010 4:34 pm

I was all set to go to the osteopath very warily I might add, as I am so sensitive right now I am a bit scared of the manipulation...
Anyway a friend of my daughters who had migraine told us he has improved his a lot with chiropractice.
He said he now goes every 2 months or so for a top up.
Also it didnt hurt him like the osteopathy.

Who has tried this please? My neck is bad and it is intrinsic to my migraines in cause and i believe effect.
As I have said before, seems i cant fix the migraines,but maybe can help the neck.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty Re: Chiropractice

Post  Brent Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:32 pm

I lease space in a chiropractic clinic and I have seen so very many people get relief. Most of them had tension/stress type head pain but it's worth a try. As massage therapist I have helped a lot of people just working neck and cranial muscle tension and fibrosis.

But since migs are so complex it's ultimately a crap shoot if chiro or chiro/massage will work. You will never know unless you try it.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Please make sure you do your research before you make an appointment with any old doctor Pen. You want a chiropractor who knows their stuff. Some will end up making you hurt worse because they aren't very good, or at least thats the case where I live anyhow. It is hit and miss here and it is always advised to get a personal recommendation or two for a chiropractor. With adjustments and things like that you don't want to mess around.

With the amount of pain you are in already, I'd hate to see you worse. I'm not trying to scare you at all because a lot of chiropractors are great and have solved MANY MANY problems for a lot of people. If you have neck pain, there is a decent chance it can be helped with that type of treatment. Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Stillhurtin Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:45 pm

I have wanted to try a Chiropractor it's just that my deductible is high and I hear such mixed reviews. Some swear by it, other say, save your cash. Plus I tried CranioSacral Therapy and I got WORSE!!!!! PLus the one CHiropractor I did go to was way weird and wanted me off all meds right then and there....ummmmmm...NO!!! Mad

Lovegia is right, just research first rather than being a ding-dong like me and going to the one who gives away coupons for a free consultation at the mall...lol.

Good Luck, Hope ya get some help.
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 am

hi pen i see a cranial oestopath every 6 weeks, and i find it does help to reduce the tension in my neck and head, also it helps with the TN that i get, he is very good and without me even telling him he pinpointed where i had trouble, i have gone to see him with a M building and by the end of the treatment i can feel it easing off,

i dont think for one minute he can cure my M but he certainly helps, reduce all the tightness and stress in my head neck and shoulders,

just a thought one lady i work with has arthritis in her neck which leds to a build up of pain and tension which then leds to migraine, it is hereditary her mother and grandmother also suffer form this problem, she has real trouble with it and has to watch how she sits, sleeps, has to watch for any drafts around her, etc etc it is quite a problem for her.
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty chiropractors

Post  dizzyflower Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:32 am

In England there is a British association of Chiropractors and they are trained for 5 years.

I used to go to one regularly but don't need to go now. Posture etc was making things worse for migraine especially round the neck. I have physio type maintenence exercises to do now and that is it. I remeber going and wondering how on earth I was going to avoid being sick, but he was kind and patient, and always checked at each stage I was coping.

Hope yours helps and you get some relief soon

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Jan 30, 2010 8:06 am

Di,
Thank you. I will check this association out. As long as it isnt as brutal as osteopathy.
I just dont think I could cope with that right now.
Its handy because I can walk to the clinic.
But the guy they put me with only does fridays.
This makes my chance of getting there on friday afternoons (I dont do mornings) not good
Need a bit more flexibility (in every sense) I think.
P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:53 am

i wouldn't let a chiropractor touch me for a million bucks.

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:37 am

Have you had a bad experience?
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty me too

Post  dcook60 Sat Jan 30, 2010 2:18 pm

very bad experience(s). i was a true believer for years and years. now, i wouldn't go near a chiro. i loved how you said "chiropractice" not chiropractic.

yep, that's what they do; practice on us. not trashing just the chiros, but all who are in "the practice of medicine". in jest, of course. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty chiropractor

Post  rileyoday Sat Jan 30, 2010 3:02 pm

I saw one for M, had 15 visits no help. Saw one for low back 6 months big help.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Post  02R96 Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:01 pm

Lovegia is right. If you choose to go, make sure he or she is a good one. I used to go to one who helped me a lot at first. And when I discussed my issues it was like talking to a Professor of Neurology! He is so smart and up to date on current treatments I swear he knows more than the Neurologists and other MD's I saw.

Matter of fact, I might talk to him before I commit to this new pain program I'm mulling over...
02R96
02R96

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:21 pm

I used to be helped quite a bit by the chiro in my old home town. He even went in to the office on Sundays a couple of times when I was having an attack. It's like any other treatment. It will help some people, it won't help others.

I can't go anymore because it's not covered by my insurance and I can't afford it out of pocket.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:39 pm

I've just had my second chiro appointment today. I'm seeing her for my body though, but she has been doing a lot of work on my neck.

She made no promises about it helping my head, but did say that it works for some people.

It's done wonders for my running though!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty chiropractic

Post  dizzyflower Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:47 am

mine charged around £30 depending on wether it was a followup session. There were times when it was definatly worth the money.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Chiropractice Empty chiropractice

Post  pen Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:59 am

thanks for all the replies.
I did call it chiropractice.
It was the mood I was in after all the guinea pig comments.
I feel this is all such a lottery.
We are wasting money & chunks if our lives whilst those errudite ones....
Well what are they doing.
Yes I feel they are all practicing on us..
Just me....sorry

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  tdu Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:56 am

I get a lot of relief from Chiropracting. It's not a cure all, but part of a treatment regiment for me. There is no one solution for my migraines. I have to combine various things to target different problems I have.

But, it can't be stressed enough that you have to find a good Chiro. If they are treating you properly, you should require less treatment over time. I hear of so many people getting ripped off.

Also, I don't get 'bone crunching' Chiropracting done. Mine uses a combination of ART (Active Release Technique - http://www.activerelease.com/what_patients.asp) and something called an Activator ( http://www.activator.com/actMethods.asp ). It's just as effective, but less 'violent' on your body. I personally think this type of treatment is better for people who are getting treated for headaches. Especially if neck issues are part of the cause.

tdu

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:32 am

I have been seeing a chiropractor for years. I've had problems with my back for over 15 years and in the past 5 or so I only go in periodically for maintenance. It really does matter who you see, what method they are trained in and what your problem is. I saw mine last in November and did ask about my migraine issues. He told me there was nothing he could do for me and suggested dietary changes (who would have thought). If your trigger is muscular it is possible they can help, but I would try to find someone who has helped people with migraines before.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Fri Feb 05, 2010 1:33 pm

Thank you for the warnings guys. I appreciate it.
The person I am thinking of seeing is a Chinese fella who my healer has seen for his back.
A friend recommended him because he went for help with his migraines....not chronic like mine, but he felt it helped a lot.

I will make sure I have a chat before booking regardless of their experiences.

p

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum