migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Does your mood change totally.

+13
Olee
thegirlwithbrowneyes
rileyoday
LizzieB
crt
theresae
LG
alli
Paradox
02R96
estre004
lizholmesod
pen
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Does your mood change totally. - Page 2 Empty Re: Does your mood change totally.

Post  Olee Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:55 pm

When I'm pain free I'm a laid back guy, but when the migraines strike I'm like the lion with the thorn in it's paw, watch out! I'm very irritable, angry, withdrawn and just hard to get along with in general. I snap at everyone for the least little thing, apologizing later.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Does your mood change totally. - Page 2 Empty Re: Does your mood change totally.

Post  MaryAnneLive Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 pm

It is so weird to read my thoughts coming out of other peoples mouths. The pain, the mania, the fear that this is forever. Yikes. Although, since I have found a pain regimen that helps a lot and I don't have any issues with not being able to get enough meds, I actually feel much better emotionally.

Although when a big one hits I am still angry and out of sorts. I snap at people and have a super short temper. I am not usually like that. (mostly Wink ). But the feeling of hopelessness is better. I think part of it is that I am just resigned to feeling this way for the rest of my life and have built the best life I can under the circumstances. I guess that is pretty sad if you think about it.... but it causes me less pain and fury.

love you all, thanks for being there.

Mary Anne
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  MaryAnneLive Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:43 pm

I love your analogy Olee! I relate to that!
MaryAnneLive
MaryAnneLive

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:58 pm

Depressed, weepy, irritable, reclusive, withdrawn, low self-esteem, paranoia, you name it--as the pain increases the symptoms increase in number and severity.

Feels like one is on a roller coaster day to day--mood goes up and down and the pain goes up and down.

I really prefer not to be around anyone when my pain has escalated because I don't even like me (surely no one else will), but my emotions seem beyond my control at that point.

Pen....my husband gets the brunt of it too. You'd think after 28 years he'd tread lightly when he knows I'm migraining. His big, booming voice really irritates me if the pain level is high. I'm thankful he puts up with me and appreciates me and what I do on my few good days.

Becky Crying or Very sad
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:22 pm

Just so pleased to see these posts today.........have spent the evening crying on my husband's shoulder and talking to a friend about how angry/frustrated/despondent I feel.......been a very rough 3 weeks and even though my friend and husband try to understand and empathize - they can't really get it..............so this post and all the responses made me feel so less alone.
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  wannabe1 Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:39 am

You are not alone. I'm so sorry to hear of your pain. I can only speak for myself. My mood goes from headache free days in which I'm on top of the world, to days when I wish I had no family at all. When you wish your head could be lopped off. Hang in there and keep reaching out to us. We are all there for you.

wannabe1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2