migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loop Recorder Implant

3 posters

Go down

Loop Recorder Implant Empty Loop Recorder Implant

Post  woof Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:38 am

Hello
I just wanted to share my experience of the reveal implant loop recorder.
Due to a blackout back in March this year, I had many tests at the hospital. It was noted that I had a slow heart beat and heart block. Therefore on the 15th October I had the reveal implant recorder fitted. All went well , bit sore afterwards for a week or so , but overall no problems at all.
On the 16th November I caught nurovirus, which resulted in me having a further 6 blackouts over a 10 hour period. I managed to capture some of the recordings with my hand held recording device. I called the hospital to make them aware of these blackouts and was called in for the info to be downloaded on the Monday 19th November. Straight away they could see that on at lease three occasions my heart had stopped for some 30 - 40 seconds and I was told I needed a pace-maker.
Tuesday 20th November -8.00am the consultant from the hospital called me to stress the importance of this and that he wanted me to have this done a.s.a.p. By 9.30am that morning I was told a bed was available for me the following day 8.30am to have the pacemaker fitted.
I went in , had the reveal device removed and the pace-maker fitted further across under my left collar bone. Although the procedure took over an hour and wasnt great it was not totally unpleasant. I have now had the pace-maker in place for 5 days and I have to say I feel great. No more feelings of fainting at all :-) All I have is some soreness and bruising which is to be expected and I am due back at the doctors this Wednesday to have the dressings removed.
All I can say is if you are asked to have this reveal device implanted and question whether or not its going to be of any benefit to you. Just go ahead and do it. Mine has certainly saved my life !!

woof

Back to top Go down

Loop Recorder Implant Empty Re: Loop Recorder Implant

Post  living Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:22 pm

Hi Woof,

Wow! Sounds like you've been through a pretty scary time and now you've come out the end of it. I haven't heard of a reveal implant recorder before - is it something which keeps track of your heartbeat?

Congratulations on feeling so much better since your pacemaker went in. What a relief to be able to function normally! Your whole body must be very pleased with all the oxygen its getting too!

All the best,
Living

living

Back to top Go down

Post  sailingmuffin Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:13 pm

Hi,

Glad to see you are feeling better.

I have a reveal implant- it has been in for a about two years. UNortunately it hasn't revealed anything about the fainting except that I have sinus tachycardia when I faint. Nothing they can fix or pace.

A reveal is am implanted one lead ECG. You hold a remote up to it when you have an event and the device activates and records the event. You then send it through the phone so that the doctors can see it.

Pain free days,
sailing
sailingmuffin
sailingmuffin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down