migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it migraine attack or a root canal?

+2
Mini
NajatNaser
6 posters

Go down

Is it migraine attack or  a root canal? Empty Is it migraine attack or a root canal?

Post  NajatNaser Sun Sep 02, 2012 4:56 am

Hi
I am new member here in this forum.I was diagnosed with migraine and the family doctor put me on Sumatriptan and Declofenac ,they didn't help at all.I got attacks almost every day,the pain is 9/10 on the right side of my head,my teeth (upper and lower)ache is killing me during the attack.My question here is how can I be sure that I don't need a root canal?I have a deep filling in one of my teeth(upper right side)and the dentist said he is not 100% sure it needs root canal(he did an x ray).Can anyone help please?

NajatNaser

Back to top Go down

Is it migraine attack or  a root canal? Empty Re: Is it migraine attack or a root canal?

Post  Mini Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:49 am

With such high levels of onesided pain, it is quite possible that you might be suffering from cluster headaches.
This is a kind of migraine, which comes in sudden attacks of an extreme one sided pain. It is also much more common in men, then i women.

If you want to find out more about this condition you could try to do a search, to see if it fits with your symptoms. I hope this might help.
Let us know how you get on, Najar.
Mini UK
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Is it migraine attack or  a root canal? Empty Re: Is it migraine attack or a root canal?

Post  Migrainegirl Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:26 am

If the pain is where you suspect the tooth problem is, then I'd go ahead and get the root canal and see if it fixes it. If it does, count yourself lucky, you'll be free of this misery. If it doesn't, then at least you will know and you can start looking at other possibilities. It's pretty much a process of elimination at trying different things with migraine anyway. For my two cents with, I'd get the root canal as soon as possible. Untreated inflammation can contribute to migraines, even if that was not the original problem.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  mxgo Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:45 am

Did the ENT check to see if you had a sinus cyst, that may be giving the pain?

Martin
mxgo
mxgo

Back to top Go down

Post  Wendy Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:46 am

I had a root canal before I was diagnosed with migraines. Then another (they'd left one healthy nerve in). Then I had the tooth removed because the pain persisted. Then I found out it was migraine pain. It still feels like my back molar is in my mouth and causing me pain even though it's not there, but only when I have a migraine. The pain was intermittent for me (so, whenever I had a migraine - just didn't realise that's what was going on as the only real symptom when they started was this toothache-like feeling).
Wendy
Wendy

Back to top Go down

Is it migraine attack or  a root canal? Empty Thanks

Post  NajatNaser Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind comments,I will get a family doctor appointment and a dentist appointment tomorrow.i had two attacks since I have posted the question.I am really miserable.can't wait till tomorrow.I now wish if night never comes(most of the attacks happens after 10 p.m).i will let you guys know how it goes.
Have a good one every body.

NajatNaser

Back to top Go down

Post  dcook60 Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:39 pm

on the other hand....here's a slight possibility. TRIGEMINAL NEURALGIA. if you had the deep drilling recently, it could be this (usually temporary) disorder.

i've had it twice, from dental drilling irritating the trigeminal nerve. it's a very intense pain, but isn't constant. usually. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down