migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pamelor for prevention

3 posters

Go down

Pamelor for prevention Empty Pamelor for prevention

Post  wildjflippin Sun Aug 26, 2012 7:55 pm

has anyone had any luck with this? I do not have high blood pressure so I am wondering if it might lower my bp too much?

wildjflippin

Back to top Go down

Pamelor for prevention Empty Re: Pamelor for prevention

Post  tortoisegirl Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:42 pm

Pamelor/Nortriptyline wasn't helpful for me, but I didn't have any side effects from it. I'm not aware that its likely to drop blood pressure (its in an older class of anti depressants called tri cyclics). Its related to Amitriptyline/Elavil, but typically has less side effects (such as sedation), but Elavil is typically regarded as more likely to work...often folks try this after not being able tolerate Elavil (or when Elavil doesn't help). Results vary, so I'd give it a try and see how it goes for you. I think this med is much more benign than a lot of others such as the anti seizure meds. Best wishes.

tortoisegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  marco1968 Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:22 am

I have just been put on nortriptyline at the seemingly puny dose of 10mg per day. Simultaneously I had some reduction in my visual problems. Hopefully that was the medication but I suspect that it was just a coincidence as my other symptoms improved a few days earlier. As for side effects. There don't seem to be any, but I suspect most people would be on a larger dose.

marco1968

Back to top Go down

Pamelor for prevention Empty thanks for the input

Post  wildjflippin Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I have an appt Friday with a clinic that specializes in migraine headaches. Supposedly they are the most up to the minute on treatments etc. We will see,... at this point I will try anything.. I will mention the Pamelor to them..see what they think Smile

wildjflippin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down