migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation

+5
dcook60
fullon
jennychristina
WitsEnd
BabySeal
9 posters

Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty Skin Moisturizer Recommendation

Post  BabySeal Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:24 pm

I have started using coconut oil on my skin after showers, and it works so amazingly well! I just wanted to recommend it. It makes my skin feel so soft and smooth, and pampered! I have been so thrilled with the results, and a little goes a long way. It is awesome because it is a solid until it warms between your fingers so it isn't an oily mess.

It even works great as a massage oil for those tense neck/ migraine days.

Smile Thought I would share

BabySeal

Back to top Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty Re: Skin Moisturizer Recommendation

Post  WitsEnd Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:04 pm

Thanks for this Smile

I will have a look in our Body Shop store and see if they have it. I like The Body Shop, because they do not test on animals.
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  jennychristina Mon Aug 13, 2012 4:36 am

Yes coconut oil is a best moisturizer but we are not sure that the oil we are using is pure or not one of my friend uses a moisturizing cream and her skin gets a good tone and wrinkles are also reduced.

jennychristina

Back to top Go down

Post  fullon Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:11 am

I think any natural oils work pretty well. After using those I think what a waste lotions are.

fullon

Back to top Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty a question re: coconut oil

Post  dcook60 Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:59 pm

i've been using this for cooking for quite some time. i use very little oil of any kind, though.

i just got out of the shower and put some on my legs. it is a greasy, oily mess! what am i missing? it doesn't seem to sink into my skin; just sits there on the top. smells good, though.

thanks for feedback, dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty a question re: coconut oil

Post  Jilly Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:12 am

Dianne,
I use Coconut oil as a moisturizer. When you use it you do not need to use very much of it. Get out of the shower and dry your self off with your towel as you normally would. You will want to stand on a towel, because your feet will get a bit slippery from the coconut oil. Put a little bit of the oil in your hands and rub them together and start on your feet. I usually sit down to do this. Work your way up. Rub your legs with oil. Use stokes brushing the oil toward your heart. I was told you want to massage with strokes toward the heart, it feels really nice. By starting with your feet and working your way up, and then once you get to your middle, you can work on your hands and then your arms toward your heart...you can get rid of all that extra oil and have more control on how much you need. You might only go through about a half a teaspoon for your whole body...maybe less! Put some socks on to trap in your nice moisture and now you can get dressed for the day. You will have the most youthful glow...just don't go camping where the mosquitoes are (they seem to be attracted to this stuff!).

I even use this on my face, and if my hair is extra dry and frizzy, I will put some on it too.

Jilly

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:03 pm

I use the same pure organic coconut oil that i purchase for cooking. Just put some into a smaller jar to keep in your bathroom. It warms in your hands for easy massaging into your skin.

I find that it absorbs immediately into my skin, but we have an arid climate and my skin is quite dry. It works much better than any lotion I've tried and I don't have any reaction because of scents. Love it! The only ingredient is coconut oil, so you don't need to worry about additives and preservatives.

You use much less than traditional moisturizers because it covers further. Since it absorbs, it doesn't leave your skin feeling slippery or greasy.
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty defintely gonna try this!

Post  chelle8178 Fri Oct 19, 2012 1:10 pm

I have heard of the use of coconut oil as a skin moisturizer before but didn't really give it much thought, until now. After reading all the posts here, I am definitely going to get some and try it out!
Thanks!
Michelle
chelle8178
chelle8178

http://fuzzyredbees.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Skin Moisturizer Recommendation  Empty redgee is a spammer beware

Post  Mini Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:40 pm

WE have a spammer here again, so beware.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down