migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Not a good week for me or my daughter.

3 posters

Go down

Not a good week for me or my daughter. Empty Not a good week for me or my daughter.

Post  Cindy*W Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:41 am

This past month has been really extra bad for me.

My doctor added Wellbutrin to my meds hoping it will help.

In years past, I have taken anti-depressants and they sometimes help for awhile.

This week, it all started on Monday night.

By Tuesday afternoon, the pain was getting up there to around a 6 or 7.

Of course my Doctor is off on Tuesday so I had to wait til Wednesday afternoon before I could call and ask for a pain shot.

So I had the shot about 3p.m. and felt better but it never went completely away.

By this morning, I was in misery.

Called the Doctor's office and the nurse told me to come in at 4:45.

While I was waiting in the office, my daughter's boyfriend called and told me that she had passed out at work and was taken to the ER.

She has been having these "spells" where she will be sitting there with her eyes open but unresponsive.

Like "the lights are on but no one's home." (as my doctor put it!)

He thinks it sounds like a seizure.

I didn't know a seizure could be like that.

Always thought seizures caused shaking, etc. but he says there is actually a type of seizure where you get pretty much what she is describing.

Has anyone else had this experience or know anyone who has?

It kinda scares me.

Anyway, I got my shot and am feeling way better, just can't sleep.

So I have migraines, my daughter has headaches and now maybe seizures.

Heck out dog even has seizures.

What's wrong with us?

Anyway, if anyone has any comments on my daughter, I certainly welcome them.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Not a good week for me or my daughter. Empty Re: Not a good week for me or my daughter.

Post  Jewishmother Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:01 am

I think what the doc is talking about are petit mal or absence seizures.............does your daughter have migraines? I can space out like that with my migraines - just curious - could be something on the migraine spectrum. I had a neuro who thought there was a fine between migraines and epileptic disorders.

I hope the wellbutrin helps..............how is your pain today? I am so sorry - please keep us updated on your daughter. L
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Not a good week for me or my daughter. Empty Re: Not a good week for me or my daughter.

Post  Cindy*W Sat Jan 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I think you are correct about the seizure type.

She does have headaches but they aren't real severe.

I asked her if she had head pain before this happens and she said no.

She says her stomach hurts, like abdominal pain during and after.

Forgot to tell you last night that they have her wearing a halter monitor for 48 hours to see if there are any arythmias.

I like that they are trying to be thorough but she is worried because she has no insurance.

I will keep you updated on her. She see's our MD on Wednesday.

As for me, I felt great this morning I just feel completely wiped out.

I know you all understand what I mean by that.

thanks for your post!

Cindy

Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:15 pm

My step daughter started having petite mal seizures just like you are describing. They call them absence seizures. Her doctor was able to treat them with medication. She also had to give up all alcohol which was making them worse. She had been seizure free for over a year now. So don't be too worried it is treatable. I hope you are feeling better too!
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down