migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Possible solution for the sufferers

2 posters

Go down

Possible solution for the sufferers  Empty Possible solution for the sufferers

Post  chenko24 Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:13 pm

I just wanted to inform others about a possible solution to the your headaches. My wife has had really bad migraines on and off since she was 16 or so. She is now 35 and they have come back again. For the last 2 months almost everyday about 1-3 hours into her sleep she wakes me with a massive migraine. Long story short we have tried everything and she can't live on drugs and just accept this. We found a Neurologist Chiropractor what he is a Chiro that is training in Neurology. He has done testing with my wife and has identified that she has a hemispherical imbalance. He is doing exercises with her and discussing with both of us how we are going to go about making changes to help her. So after seeing him yesterday after work with her and doing some exercises and making some adjustments to her neck.... she didn't get a headache and we both slept through the night last night. That hasn't happened much in the last 2 months. So we are going to work on her tonight and see how that goes. I know it's early but I truly think he has something here. We both feel good about this and I just had to share. I will try to keep this updated to help others if this does actually work for my wife. After seeing her go through this again and again I really want to inform others of the things we are finding peace and relief in. I truly feel for you guys that are having to go through this.

chenko24

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for the sufferers  Empty Re: Possible solution for the sufferers

Post  chenko24 Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:57 pm

Well saw the chiro yesterday and he made some adjustments to my wife's neck and she didn't get a migraine last night. She can normally feel it coming on by this point in the evening and so far nothing I'm told. Just maybe she will have 2 nights in a row without a migraine.

chenko24

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for the sufferers  Empty Migraine Headaches

Post  willshead123 Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:04 pm

Each year, about 25 million people in the U.S. experience migraine headaches, and about 75% are women. Migraines are intense and throbbing headaches that are often associated with nausea and sensitivity to light or noise. They can last from as little as a few hours to as long as a few days. Many of those who suffer from migraines experience visual symptoms called an "aura" just prior to an attack that is often described as seeing flashing lights or that everything takes on a dream-like appearance.

Migraine sufferers usually have their first attack before age 30 and they tend to run in families, supporting the notion that there is a genetic component to them. Some people have attacks several times a month; others have less than one a year. Most people find that migraine attacks occur less frequently and become less severe as they get older.

Migraine headaches are caused by a constriction of the blood vessels in the brain, followed by a dilation of blood vessels. During the constriction of the blood vessels there is a decrease in blood flow, which is what leads to the visual symptoms that many people experience. Even in people who don’t experience the classic migraine aura, most of them can tell that an attack is immanent. Once the blood vessels dilate, there is a rapid increase in blood pressure inside the head. It is this increased pressure that leads to the pounding headache. Each time the heart beats it sends another shock wave through the carotid arteries in the neck up into the brain.

There are many theories about why the blood vessels constrict in the first place, but no one knows for sure. What we do know is that there are a number of things that can trigger migraines, such as lack of sleep, stress, flickering lights, strong odors, changing weather patterns and several foods; especially foods that are high in an amino acid called ‘tyramine.’You can reduce the likelihood of migraine headaches by making some lifestyle changes.

These are some of the guidelines on how to avoid headache triggers I have learned from a chiropractor Dr. Timothy Gober of White Marsh Healthcare Physical Medicine.

-Stress may be a trigger, but certain foods, odors, menstrual periods, and changes in weather are among many factors that may also trigger headache.
-Emotional factors such as depression, anxiety, frustration, letdown, and even pleasant excitement may be associated with developing a headache.
-Keeping a headache diary will help you determine whether factors such as food, change in weather, and/or mood have any relationship to your headache pattern.
-Repeated exposure to nitrite compounds can result in a dull, pounding headache that may be accompanied by a flushed face. Nitrite, which dilates blood vessels, is found in such products as heart medicine and dynamite, but is also used as a chemical to preserve meat. --Hot dogs and other processed meats containing sodium nitrite can cause headaches.
-Eating foods prepared with monosodium glutamate (MSG) can result in headache. Soy sauce, meat tenderizer, and a variety of packaged foods contain this chemical which is touted as a flavor enhancer.
-Headache can also result from exposure to poisons, even common household varieties like insecticides, carbon tetrachloride, and lead.
-Children who ingest flakes of lead paint may develop headaches. So may anyone who has contact with lead batteries or lead-glazed pottery.
-Foods that are high in the amino acid tyramine should also be avoided, such as ripened cheeses (cheddar, brie), chocolate, as well as any food pickled or fermented foods.

This is William Shead and I’m a newbie here. Just like the majority of you, I have also suffered from headache that really affects my life.
Just wanted to share this insights. As this forum site looks great and I’m looking forward to have a good sharing of discussion and insights with all of you here.

Have a great day.
William Shead

willshead123

Back to top Go down

Possible solution for the sufferers  Empty Re: Possible solution for the sufferers

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down