migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Migraine abortive looks like real progress

3 posters

Go down

New Migraine abortive looks  like real progress Empty New Migraine abortive looks like real progress

Post  Mini Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:42 pm

This is something I came across - a completely new abortive for migraine showing most promising results:
http://www.healthcentral.com/migraine/medications-277066-5.html
I wonder if anyone has any more inforamtion obout Telcagepant?
Sounds very promising.
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

New Migraine abortive looks  like real progress Empty telcagepant

Post  dcook60 Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:54 pm

in 2009 the clinical trials were stopped because some of the patients developed worrisome liver enzyme levels.

i think the drug company is still working on this, in a different form (maybe sublingual). but it's not yet on the market, and we're all waiting impatiently. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

New Migraine abortive looks  like real progress Empty Re: New Migraine abortive looks like real progress

Post  somebodyhealme Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:06 pm

It seemed very promising at one point, but whether it will ever even see the market is very up in the air. I was quite surprised to hear they were working on a sublingual version considering the problems patients had in the trial.
somebodyhealme
somebodyhealme

http://somebodyhealme.dianalee.net

Back to top Go down

New Migraine abortive looks  like real progress Empty Re: New Migraine abortive looks like real progress

Post  Mini Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:42 am

Thanks for the feed back.
It will be interesting if this is another "near-miss", or something that will be the next generation triptan follow up (in terms of efficacy).
Mini
Mini

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down