migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giving blood

+3
TeriRobert
rileyoday
Migrainegirl
7 posters

Go down

Giving blood Empty Giving blood

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:12 pm

My uncle found that when he gave blood once a month it prevented the headaches he had been getting. I have no idea why that would work. Has anyone else ever heard of this or had it effect their headaches?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Giving blood Empty give blood

Post  rileyoday Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:17 am

I have not heard that but i would try it. Its free and a good thing also. Hope it works for you also.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Giving blood Empty Re: Giving blood

Post  TeriRobert Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:26 pm

I haven't heard this before. How is he able to give once a month? Red Cross regulations require six weeks between donations.

TeriRobert

http://www.HelpForHeadaches.com, www.MyMigraineConnection.com

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:01 pm

Not allowed to give blood any more CFS-ME. We are banned.
Unclean!!

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Sat Oct 16, 2010 4:07 pm

I know giving blood is the one way to get rid of extra iron if you have iron levels that are too high. That is about the only way to get rid of it too. So maybe his iron levels were causing his migraines??
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:06 pm

that's something to think about, to much iron. but didn't know it could cause migraines.

Have to check it out I guess. Who knows?????????????????????????????????????????????? so tired of trying to figure it out anymore.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:07 pm

I know what you mean Sherri....that's all I think about for my son...what is causing it, what to do, etc. It is exhausting and I'm not even the one with the migraine. I hope you can get some relief.
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:19 pm

I pray all the time that God would just show me what it is, and I will stop it, or whatever,,, but no answer yet.
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Sun Oct 17, 2010 6:40 pm

I keep thinking that it just doesn't seem "right" that soooo many people are suffering such headache pain....there has to be a reason. It's not how it should be. I know exactly how you feel about trying to find a reason. That's all we want - so we can fix it. No
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Giving blood Empty The Real Cause of Migraine

Post  Hal Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:47 pm

Here is a list:

Unclean water; drink and cook with only purified water that comes in a glass bottle (no plastic).

Eat only Certified Organic foods. NO FAST FOOD!

Breathing poluted air. Breath only air that has been filtered with a 0.5 micron air filter and brought to the proper humidity.

Avoid all perfumes.

Avoid all food triggers. Eat only fresh fish raised in pure water, no other meats. Eat only fresh organic vegies.

Get exactly eight hours of sleep at exactly the same time every night.

Don't smoke. Avoid those that do.

Avoid all soda drinks. Drink only water. No booze.

Get one hour of aerobic exercise every day.

Avoid all sources of stress.

Use only fresh organic herbs and spices.

Eat one apple and one banana every day.

No TV and only 30 minutes a day on the computer. Listen to the radio and read books.

Cultivate several hobbies.

Make good friends with mutual interests.

Give this program six months and you will be a new person.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:04 am

Hal, I'm sure it's all good stuff, but I can't afford that. .. especially now that my hours are cut and I can rarely make it the 2 days I am required to be there. Sad
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  ajr Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:52 am

I think my 17 year old son would probably dispose of me if I tried to make him follow all those rules....even though they may help! Very Happy
ajr
ajr

Back to top Go down

Post  Hal Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:22 am

If we would follow all of those rules, we would go broke, but our blood would be pure (if we quit taking all of those drugs). I tried to eat the organic stuff for awhile and my food bill tripled. The blood suckers said they didn't want my blood. It was the wrong color, green.

Hal
Hal
Hal

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:26 pm

Interesting questions. I am sure he must have given blood at whatever the approved of intervals were by the American Red Cross. I do not know why this would have worked for him, whether he discovered it accidentally or whether it was suggested by his doctor, but I know he did it regularly for years and said it really helped eliminate the headaches.

I wonder if the physiology of this is related to the question posed in another thread by Pen, wondering why so many headaches start at night. One thing that is different at night is that you are horizontal. Therefore there would be more blood flowing to the brain due to the effects of gravity not being the same as when you are standing. We also know that ice packs seem to help some with headaches, or preventing one when it is coming on, as it will constrict blood vessels. So maybe there is something about the amount of blood flowing to the brain that is associated with headaches, and by giving blood regularly, this is lowered somewhat. A possibility perhaps.

I would certainly be interested to hear how it works out if anyone else decides to try giving blood.
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down