migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Migraine hypochondria

+2
Jewishmother
lizholmesod
6 posters

Go down

Migraine hypochondria Empty Migraine hypochondria

Post  lizholmesod Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:59 am

As some of you know, I'm pregnant and migraines have gone from a lifetime best of 1 migraine per 6 months, to 1 per week! Hormones all to blame I'm sure.

I know I'm lucky compared to those of you that have constant or near constant migraines, but speaking from my own platform of experience, I'm going insane here...

Migraines are constantly on my mind (no pun intended). Every flash, floater or fuzzy in my vision is the start of an aura, every twinge or tickle is the start of pins and needles, every stomach churn (of which there are many, I'm pregnant!) is the oncoming toilet panic that precedes my migraines, every time I stumble over a word I'm sure I'm heading for full on dysphasia.

I've turned into a total wreck in the space of weeks. I'm not anxious about my pregnancy at ALL. So happy about it, exhausted and nauseous and cranky, sure, but so so FINE with being preggars!

It's ALLL about the migraines... held captive by my own fear of them at the moment. HAYELP!!

LHx

lizholmesod

Back to top Go down

Migraine hypochondria Empty Re: Migraine hypochondria

Post  Jewishmother Fri Feb 25, 2011 9:59 am

liz - I know you deserve a response and lots of people have viewed your post.......but honestly there is no easy answer. It is so hard to try and not worry about when the next migraine will hit so please cut yourself some slack. When you sense an aura-type symptom coming on just try and relax and not stoke the fire - take a deep breathe, close your eyes and try and relax the muscles in your neck and shoulder. The anxiety is normal so please don't beat yourself up...........we understand but it is so hard to keep that anxiety in check! And congrats on the new addition to your family! Leslie
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  stephgood Fri Feb 25, 2011 1:29 pm

I read this yesterday and I had to think on it a bit. I really think you are shorting yourself. I understand the fear, but you just can't live that way. What I mean about shorting yourself, is that you should be enjoying your pregnancy. I feel like living in constant fear is going to add stress and anxiety to you, well I know it will. You do not need the added stress or anxiety, being a migraine person, it can cause you headaches to be worse. On top of that you are pregnant, that is stressful, and anxious and busy and exciting and wonderful all at the same time. I agree with Leslie, relax a bit. Really what can you do about it anyways? If it is going to happen it will, worry about it at the time, and just think on that wonderful little baby in the meantime!!! Hope this helps.
stephgood
stephgood

Back to top Go down

Post  Migrainegirl Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:00 pm

Are you able to take anything while pregnant? Or are you going drug free?
Migrainegirl
Migrainegirl

Back to top Go down

Post  lissy Sat Feb 26, 2011 6:29 am

Have you tried Acupuncture? I find it quite relaxing when I get really uptight - there's lots of stress relief points they can try.
lissy
lissy

Back to top Go down

Post  WitsEnd Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:16 am

Liz, I've sent you a PM
WitsEnd
WitsEnd

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content