migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Different feeling after all these years

4 posters

Go down

Different feeling after all these years Empty Different feeling after all these years

Post  sherri b Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:35 am

Hello all!

I have a question. I have been getting this weird feeling before a migraine, I feel like I want to walk either to the left or right, and have a feeling of I'm leaning that way and going to fall down, I'm not getting dizzy spells, just feeling like I'm going to fall over! Wierd,

So I called my neuro. And he said it is not uncommon to have different feelings as I get older with the migraines.

I think that's just a "crock of (you know what)" What do you all think? I hate it! It is a warning I guess, but seems something is wrong.

Has anyone else had this happen?

Thanks,
Sherri B! Suspect

sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Different feeling after all these years Empty Re: Different feeling after all these years

Post  pen Tue Feb 15, 2011 5:43 am

Sherri just posted to you on FB. I am having this right now and it is HORRIBLE
....come talk to me...

pen

Back to top Go down

Different feeling after all these years Empty Re: Different feeling after all these years

Post  charmed quark Tue Feb 15, 2011 7:00 am

I've been having migraines since my early thirties. Now I'm in my mid-fifties. Overall the various migraine symptoms have been remarkably consistent in general, just varying in intensity.

BUT - every now and then I get a new one. Just ?last year I got, for the first time, a scintillating scotoma that left me temporarily blind. "Normally" I almost always get blurry vision and see "sparks", but never this. I haven't had a scotoma since and I was checked out ans all was the same with my vision ans my brain.

So I guess new symptoms CAN pop up.

Take care and don't fall over!

-Peter

charmed quark

Back to top Go down

Post  Jewishmother Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:35 am

My symptoms have changed over the years.......and it is not unusual for a new symptom to pop up for a week or so and then vanish. However, my neuros have always told me that new symptoms need to be checked out just in case they are not related to my migraines. Certainly migraines can affect (or is it effect?) our equilibrium but there can be other causes that you might need to get checked out just in case. Does your new symptom seem linked to your migraines? Hang in there - we are all on a wild ride! Leslie
Jewishmother
Jewishmother

Back to top Go down

Post  sherri b Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:21 pm

I think they are relataed Leslie, right after the "fall over" or "veer to the left" feeling, I get a migraine.

I guess you are right, things probably do change as the years go by. Hope they change in a positive way soon!
sherri b
sherri b

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down