migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My MOH detox diary

+6
stephgood
Enigma
pen
Mini
dawn.binks
joshp
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My MOH detox diary - Page 2 Empty Re: My MOH detox diary

Post  joshp Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:35 am

Update

I can't believe I haven't updated this post in almost a month! Well the good news is that I have been feeling so much better since I have broken the daily painkiller cycle. I feel like a normal person again! I have taken no OTCs in over month, and I haven't needed to either. On top of this, there have only been two occasions in the past month where I have needed triptans.

I have gone from daily headaches where I am continuously anxious about when the next headache will come, avoiding going out, not playing with my kids, doing the bare minimum at work, etc, to feeling normal, coming home from work feeling good and being happy, playing with my little boys, being effective at work, etc.

I am not naive enough to think I am cured, but I am 100% convinced that I was suffering from medication overuse, which means I was suffering needlessly.

My advice is this: if you are taking any painkillers more than twice a week, consider the possibility that you might be suffering medication overuse, and don't be afraid to do something about it. My quality of life has been so much better these last few weeks.
joshp
joshp

Back to top Go down

My MOH detox diary - Page 2 Empty moh

Post  dawn.binks Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:11 am

fantastic, im sooo pleased for you, it is worth going through it , keep on spreading the great news youve got and hopefully youll encourage other mig patients t ry and see how it will help them. well done.
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2