migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5-HTP thread

2 posters

Go down

5-HTP thread Empty 5-HTP thread

Post  tdu Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:37 am

Doing a search, I couldn't find a dedicated 5-HTP thread. Just mention of it in threads about other supplements.

I am considering adding this to my regiment. I was on Paxil for a year, and while I felt it really helped (more with anxiety, which helped some with migraines) I couldn't afford to continue on it, and I was having a couple of unwanted side effects.

Have any of you been on 5-HTP for any length of time?

Thanks

tdu

Back to top Go down

5-HTP thread Empty 5 htp

Post  rileyoday Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:37 am

I took it for 18 months until clonodine worked for me. When I started on it I was on no other preventives. i started feeling better

quickly and whithin 1 week the severity of the M had dropped to mostly 4,5 or 6 but still four or five a week. they had been 7,8,9.

I took 50 mg 2 x day in the end i took 50 mg 4 x day. I had used paxil and most of the other preventives i have read about without

success. I really hope you find something to help you.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

5-HTP thread Empty Re: 5-HTP thread

Post  tdu Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:00 pm

rileyoday wrote:I took it for 18 months until clonodine worked for me. When I started on it I was on no other preventives. i started feeling better

quickly and whithin 1 week the severity of the M had dropped to mostly 4,5 or 6 but still four or five a week. they had been 7,8,9.

I took 50 mg 2 x day in the end i took 50 mg 4 x day. I had used paxil and most of the other preventives i have read about without

success. I really hope you find something to help you.

rileyoday thanks for the reply. Did you have any side effects when you tried Paxil? Did you notice anything similar on 5-HTP?

I am curious because I have been taking it for about 3 days now, and I am having intense sugar cravings. I had a major issue with that when I was on Paxil. I don't know if they have similar side effects, but it's alarming. I gained over 15 lbs in less than 3 months on Paxil.

tdu

Back to top Go down

5-HTP thread Empty 5 htp

Post  rileyoday Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:00 pm

I really cant remember side effects from paxil though i only took it a month. maybe not long enough. no side effects from 5 htp

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

5-HTP thread Empty Re: 5-HTP thread

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down