migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Weird symptoms

3 posters

Go down

Weird symptoms Empty Weird symptoms

Post  Paradox Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:05 pm

Some One privately suggested to me that I look at Ehlers Danlos Syndrome. Boy, is it hitting home. Hubby and I were just looking at pics of all the "stupid pet tricks" that I've always been able to do with my fingers that are actually symptoms of Ehlers Danlos.

One that got me was being able to lift my right big toe up and leave the other toes flat on the floor. I can do it, hubby can't. Does that symptom tie in with anything else?

Can any of you do it? Other symptoms are being able to bend your fingers at the first joint closest to the nail while keeping the rest of the finger straight, being able to bend them backwards, etc.

Also bruising, cigarette paper scars, stretchy skin... just weird stuff that I never thought tied together.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Weird symptoms Empty Re: Weird symptoms

Post  HeelerLady Mon Sep 13, 2010 7:31 am

Charlotte,

I'm also suspecting it. I've always been a human gumby - super flexible (a curse and a blessing) and I have some of the other symptoms as well, just mild. I am pretty sure my brother has it too - we thought we were just weirdly double jointed but I don't think that's really what it is. I don't know that it changes anything for me though...
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:22 am

Can you do the big toe thing? Don't know why I'm finding that one so fascinating.

My youngest has more severe symptoms....the flattest feet imaginable, etc. Something that is puzzling me is that some of the symptoms are things I USED to be able to do, like touching the palms of my hands to the floor w/o bending my knees, but my back won't let me anymore.

I know there's not much they can do for it, but heavens, wouldn't it be nice to have a name?
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:39 am

Pardox, did Dr. W look at your brain MRI to make sure you don't have Chiari? You just can't have faith in your "average" neurologist or radiologist. Dr. W is an expert MRI reader Smile

I just read Rosanne Cash's book, and her Chiari was missed until she went to a new neuro, and he "found it."

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:00 am

I just tried the foot thing and yes I can do that too. I've had foot problems since I was a child. Mine actually turned in so I walked on the inside of my foot until I was 3. I wore orthotics for a long time and I remember going to the podiatrist once and they were making casts and while they were doing my brother I got my socks and shoes off without using my hands. I also can pick up items with my toes.

It would be nice to have a name for it other than "look at what I can do" syndrome. Razz
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down