migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2 point buck camera trap pic.

+2
Richard
Brent
6 posters

Go down

2 point buck camera trap pic. Empty 2 point buck camera trap pic.

Post  Brent Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:14 pm

I have been seeing this dude around for over a week. So I hiked out to my camera trap today and checked it. And it looks like he passed it and the camera caught him before I even saw him around here. If you look at his ear it's obvious he has been doing some scrapping with some other bucks.bounce

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Brent on Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

2 point buck camera trap pic. Empty Re: 2 point buck camera trap pic.

Post  Richard Mon Jul 05, 2010 4:07 pm

Handsome fellow - thanks for sharing
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:59 am

A camera trap? We already knew you were a serious animal person, but wow! What a great picture too! He's so close!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  lostinobx Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:38 am

Awww, I love deer. I use to live on a farm growing up and I would wake up in the morning with them looking in my bedroom window Smile They are soooo cute - little bambies!! How can anyone kill them Sad regardless of the abundance and what they do to crops.

lostinobx

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Tue Jul 06, 2010 12:42 pm

Notice he still has his winter fur coat on? Our weather has been unusually cold around here and even the critters haven't shed yet.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

2 point buck camera trap pic. Empty picture

Post  dawn.binks Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:03 am

lovely! we got our winter coats out here in the uk today as well!!!
dawn.binks
dawn.binks

Back to top Go down

Post  Petzi Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:54 am

Awww Bambi's dad!!!

I love those animals with their big brown feminine eyes and elegant limbs.

I was in Austria a month ago and my husband and I where on our way back home from a dinner. It was already dark when we noticed something sitting right in the middle of the road. It was a deer. A car had hit it and the driver didn't bother to stop and just continued driving. We turned around and called the police. It was clear that the deer was very badly injury and just staggered around in the middle of the road. We flagged down other drivers to make sure that nobody else hits the deer again. Eventually the police arrived with the local forester to put the poor animal out of its misery.

I am still traumatized by the experience, but I do make sure now to drive slowly at night and pay attention to the local wildlife.

P.
Petzi
Petzi

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:46 am

Dear and elk have a horrible habit of jumping out in front of cars. My wife clipped one and came very close to hitting an elk. Last year a sheriff was killed when he hit an elk. The son of a lady I used to work with was also killed when his car hit an elk.

My wife and I drive many miles of wilderness roads to and from work. Our only defense is we know what areas have a higher population of deer and elk. But in the end it's up to the critters whether they decide to jump out in front of us.

Elk are very dangerous to hit since all of their body mass is above the front of the car so they will go right through the front window.

But there is a positive outcome of deer and elk deaths here. A small town not far from where I live has a wolf sanctuary and any deer or elk road kills are taken there so they eat what they would in the wild.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  VickiG Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:23 am

Brent, that is so awesome that you have a wolf sanctuary near you! Because our shepherd/husky dog looks identical to a lot of wolf pictures, my mom and I have really gotten into trying to save the wolves. We're big supporters of Defenders of Wildlife. They work with wolves all over, but I just saw a video on their website how in Idaho, they are surrounding the sheep grazing areas with ropes that have strips of flags tied to them. When they flutter in the breeze, the wolves won't go past them. They even saw a wolf chasing a sheep, but when the sheep went under the rope, the wolf turned around and went the other way.

Not to hijack the thread or anything, but I really hate Sarah Palin's wolf policies in Alaska, where they hunt them from helicopters and throw chemical weapons into the caves where the baby wolves live. She's no longer governor, but she instituted these policies of massacring the poor wolves!
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down