migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rough week!

Go down

Rough week! Empty Rough week!

Post  VickiG Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:57 pm

Hi Friends! I don't want you to think I've been ignoring it, since I've been off the computer for a week or so. My head has been really bad this week. On Friday, we had a "girls night" with the international students and watched The Princess Bride. That's the movie that sort of "defined" my high school years, as we all had seen in a million times and quoted freely from the movie all the time. It was the only movie that my brother and I could agree upon then. It was also fun to watch it with a group of women who had never seen it before, as I had forgotten just how dramatic and nervous the movie can be. There were a lot of scenes when they were gasping or sitting on the edge of their seats.

This reminds me of showing Star Wars for the first time to several former roommates from Asia who had never seen the series before. One had an assignment for her MBA to write about how you could use "the Force" in her marketing strategies, so we had to watch all three movies in a row very quickly, so she could write her paper. It was fun to see how shocked she was by it, since the first movie came out the year I was born, so the fact that Vader is Luke's father was in common society before I was old enough to appreciate the movies.

Tomorrow night we are watching The Dirty Dozen, to get the guys' interest. One guy requested a war movie, and this is one of my mom's and my favorites. I haven't actually seen many of the newer war movies, but I have seen a number of the "classic" ones, and this is a particularly good one. I think it's such that even a number of the girls will go for it.

And then Saturday night, a Bible study group from my church is hosting a party for the international students, which will be nice as a means to try to get people from my church to become interested in our group. The more Americans who are interested in meeting with our international students, the better for all!

I don't know when I'll get another chance to write to you all, so I thought I'd just pop in. I can't stand to look at the monitor very long at a time.
VickiG
VickiG

Back to top Go down