migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now.....

5 posters

Go down

i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now..... Empty i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now.....

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 3:02 pm

health insurance premium increase.......$1,200

35% over last year. largest for me before was 12%, last year it dropped 6%.

the only positive thing....at least i got renewed for another year. if i employed people, i'd be making a lot of changes, including laying off people and outsourcing.

i suspect this increase heavily has to do with the political climate vs. actual costs going up. premiums were cooked before the laws were passed.

and where were was the state insurance comission.......that has to approve this, and did?

Suspect

Back to top Go down

i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now..... Empty Re: i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now.....

Post  Brent Wed May 05, 2010 3:42 pm

Speaking as someone that works in a clinic it is going to get far, far worse. And I will leave it at that.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now..... Empty Re: i thought everything was supposed to be just ducky now.....

Post  kimsmom Wed May 05, 2010 4:10 pm

One of my mothers pills that she has to take costs $600.00 per month. There is no generic. It was shocking! She is already in the donut hole.

My insurance at work did not offer the better one that they have had for the last nine years. Now everything is much higher. I am sorry Marc, I know how you feel.

I also agree with Brent.
kimsmom
kimsmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed May 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Ours is going up 11% for our employee's. We were very happy with that. A friend of mine had his go up 35%. Tough on him being retired and on a fixed income.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed May 05, 2010 6:22 pm

not happy about this trend....

so, i guess all of this can kiss this duck's ___________. (fill in blank).

got a good picture of this pretty mallard today (note, she's banded, right leg).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post  Brent Wed May 05, 2010 8:12 pm

Great pic! Our little fluff ball will look like that if it's female. If it's male then he will be getting the green head and neck. So we shall wait and see.
Brent
Brent

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu May 06, 2010 10:50 am

There is a pair of ducks that have taken over our complex's swimming pool. I see them every day, sunning themselves right next to the pool. No one is using it yet as it doesn't open till June 1 so they are safe from the horde of children. They are just so cute.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu May 06, 2010 11:46 am

thanks guys...

here's the other duck that was hangin' out with the girl duck (lol).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

i'm waiting to officially get my renewal packet to see what the changes are. i'm loving all the stuff you see on the news about "tax breaks" for small business to encourage growth, and for new ones to open.

small biz needs CASH to start, not tax-breaks....you don't make money for the first 3 or so years. then you carry back.

gosh, this stuff makes it rough on the little guy. as things are projecting out from what i'm seeing, it's a heck of a lot cheaper to pay the fines for a company than it is to provide insurance, which is a benefit.

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Fri May 07, 2010 9:40 am

Love the pictures. Hate the insurance.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down