migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis

+14
tecky
Anna
jwar
Cathy
Senna
Ivy
Mule Kick
HeelerLady
LizzieB
dcook60
milo
alli
theresae
pen
18 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis Empty Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am

Left me with a lot of questions in my head.

Can I run 2 by you all please?

1. Anyone been down this path please for migraine or fibro etc?

2. Who among you has been troubled with tonsilitis as a child or even now...

Thanks so much and if you want to look at his web site, please do let me know what you think.
breakthrough or B******T?
http://www.bedfordhomeopathy.moonfruit.com/#/are-you-unwell/4531656676

Thanks guys. Its so great to be able to get feedback from others. Very Happy

Last edited by pen on Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:31 am; edited 3 times in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis Empty Re: Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis

Post  theresae Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:55 am

hi pen sorry havent ever been to one of those, so cant help, i do love your avatar though, is it one of yours?
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis Empty Re: Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis

Post  alli Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

I had tonsillitus many times as a kid. Had my tonsils and adnoids removed at age 5 and tubes put in my ears twice. I have pretty significant hearing loss as a result of repeated ear and tonsil infections. Who knows if that had any relationship with these freakin migraines.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

I spent WAAAAY too much money on a homeopath with zero results.
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Just seen a clinical homeopath/Tonsillitis Empty ditto

Post  dcook60 Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:10 am

no results at all, with several different practitioners, over many years. each one gave me new hope. all hopes dashed so never again. dianne
dcook60
dcook60

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:12 am

theresae wrote:hi pen sorry havent ever been to one of those, so cant help, i do love your avatar though, is it one of yours?

That's Saffy Theresa. She is 13 now.

So no tonsillitis then??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:24 am

I have had homoeopathy before as well, to no avail.
This one works on the theory that all the migraine/FMS/IBS are caused by pathogens the body hasn't got rid of.

I know it sounds nuts. But he has quite a string of successes.
He is called a clinical homeopath.....are they all called that??

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  LizzieB Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:23 am

Tried 3 different homoeopaths in the past, one who was a GP as well. All said they thought they could help, as every practitioner does, but sadly none could. Sorry.

Liz
LizzieB
LizzieB

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:56 am

Thanks Liz.

Any tonsillitis??

I need to try to determine what if anything is different about this one.

I am going to put a link to his website on my first post.

Be grateful for any comments.
If he is right, this is amazing and we are all missing something.
If he isnt then people need to know that too.

P

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:18 pm

Pen,

Checked out his site and after giving it the "sniff" test - I smell B******t.

He's claiming that it's pathogens or a series of them - in that case, a round of antibiotics should clear out the problem. I don't buy this theory as for many of the "problems" he treats, most can be effectively treated medically and have a real reason other than this baloney. The other fact that you don't have to change your diet - huh? A lot of those conditions benefit from not consuming certain "trigger" foods.

But he does claim that you would see results rather rapidly and you could give it a shot for 6 weeks and see what happens. What have you got to lose - just don't spend a lot of money on it.

Becky
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks Becky.
What I have to lose it about £200 ($300) a month.
This would take, he tells me at least 3 months....that is a discounted price 25% off.

I have been tested and would probably be able to tell in a month if it is helping.
If it is then continue.....more money, but hopefully "cure"....yes he says that word.
If no better, wasted £200.00

Now as we all know, what price health, but like most of us we have already spend money we didnt have on treatments that dont work.

Now with no income it is even molre important to spend it on the right thing.
The inital 3 months is for the migraines. Further treatment needed for the FMS and IBS.
Could add up to an awful lot....but, of course...not if it doesn't seem to work....

Hmm.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:44 pm

hi pen i have occasional tonsillitis, last time was 3 years ago was really rough with it, but i dont get it every year,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:48 pm

Thanks Theresa. He relates this to the virus which causes it....bit brain dead from Triptan, will come back to me.
He isnt saying we all have migraine because we had tonsillitis, just that most migraine people he treats have been troubled with it.

Question

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:04 pm

Sounds fishy to me. I've never had tonsillitis and I still have them (the tonsils that is well and the M). But well I've stated my thoughts on this.

I would try to get a few more facts and figures from him. How many with x, y, z with symptoms a,b,c has he "cured"? And would he allow you to speak to a "cured" patient? This sort of reminds me of the thread on the face lift surgeon - claimed miracles but was proven that it seldom worked.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:09 pm

Lot of testimonials on his web site, but I agree talking to someone would be better.

I think our dogs are eyeballing each other.... Smile

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mule Kick Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:14 pm

Hi Pen,

While I don't recall ever having had tonsillitis per say, when I was in the Air Force I suffered with severe peritonsillar abscess (Quinsy) throughout the summer of 1977. Penicillin drugs reduced its severity, but never completely eliminated it, so that after each round of the various penicillins that were tried was completed, the disease flared up again. A very painful Incision and Drain procedure did not cure it either. Finally in August of 1977 the Air Force sent me TDY 40 miles up the road to an Army Fort with a bigger hospital for a tonsillectomy.

Headaches started in childhood, long before I ever enlisted in the Air Force.
Mule Kick
Mule Kick

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks MK.
I used to have severe septic throat every damn winter form the age of about 9 or 10 through till about 18.
White sacks on the tonsils....yukky.
They tried to get my tonsils out, but they were always to inflamed so I still have them.

Even now if I get a cold or anything it sticks in my throat.
I never get chest problems at all.

I am going to press him more on this.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Ivy Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:18 am

I've seen several homeopat doctors and spent lots of money on homeopatic meds to NO AVAIL. And I mean it. NO benefit at all for my migraines. I've followed all rules and tried for months and months as they suggest. Nothing.

As for tonsillitis, I used to suffer a lot when I was a kid. I had one tonsillitis a month and I was always under penicilline to cure them. Today, as an adult, I'm allergic to penicilline...
The worst time was between 4 and 7. In those 3 years I was always sick. Then, tonsillitis suddenly stopped. Now I can occasionally get them (one any 3/4 years).
Ivy
Ivy

Back to top Go down

Post  Senna Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:00 am

This is hilarious - sorry, how naiive can you get.
If you believe him, you will believe anything.
It is going to be a total waste of money, and time.

You know very well that he will "cure" nothing, and the only thing that will improve, is this guy's bank balance by the exact ammount of money he will manage to get out of you.
I just can not believe anyone, that you would take this man seriously - he has no visible medical qaulifications to start with, and his website is totaly unconvincing.
Talking about tonsilitis - one of the most common childhood complaints - there isi a fair chance that most people with any complaint will have had it, anyway.
It all sounds very strange to me.

There is a perfectly legitimate Homeopathic Hospital in London staffed with medically qualified doctors, if anyone needs homeopathic treatment.

Senna

Senna

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:01 am

Ivy, (and everyone) I too have had a couple of treatments of homeopathy and to no avail
This man claims his to be a different form.
Testing is done using acupuncture points and treatment is using dilute pathogen rather than usual homeopathic remedies.
Of course that doesnt mean a lot, well not to me anyway.
I am clutching at straws. I do have a lot more wrong than just migraines and his theory is that the treatment would deal with all of it because everything I have stems from this bug situation.

I am NOT doing this treatment, but have seen him, and given the testimonials (my daughter has IBS) was curious.
Thanks so much for your input.

Last edited by pen on Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:18 am; edited 1 time in total

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:05 am

I went to two different homeopaths. I've had other natural health practitioners give me homeopaths also. It never helped. But you're saying 200/month which sounds like you're going long term. I only went a few times, got diagnosed, they tried several different homeopathics, and I gave up after getting no relief. So yours sounds a lot different. The tonsilitis connection is interesting. I had it a lot growing up and got my tonsils removed at 15 after repeated rounds of antibiotics to get rid of the infection. My daughter also gets migraines, but has her tonsils and has never had tonsilitis in her life. I know how you feel...I still try everything. Just made an appointment with a new pain management dr who helped someone at the fibro center I go to and she had really good results with mgraines she's had for 20 years.

Cathy

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:23 am

Thanks Noona, I appreciate your considered comment.
I am trying to determine the difference between "clinical" homeopathy and whatever the other kind is called.
I am also told there is one kind called NAET.
I wonder if anyone knows what kind that is?
Talk about confusing.

My life quality is hugely compromised. With FMS IBS and of course the migraines I am now all but housebound and function erratically. I can understand any or al of us searching, yes in desperation. I don't have enough years left to just sit here and hope for a miracle to knock at the door.

Good luck with the pain management Noona.

Pen

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  jwar Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:15 am

I've never had tonsillitis or any noteworthy infectious illnesses. There is zero scientific evidence for homeopathy - ZERO. A lot of the other alternative remedies - acupuncture, various supplements, biofeedback - have some scientific evidence to back it up, but not homeopathy. In fact, what homeopaths preach isn't even remotely scientifically possible. I personally would save my money. Or, maybe spend $300 on something nice to help me tolerate the pain, like getting a weekly massage. At least that would release endorphins, which might blunt the pain for a while.

In regards to this guy being a "clinical" homeopath. I'm sure that's just a title he's decided to give himself. I don't think any law enforcement agency would come after me if I printed up some business cards that said "clinical homeopath" on them.
jwar
jwar

Back to top Go down

Post  pen Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:47 am

Thanks.
No there are lots of clinical homeopaths out there, what I cant determine is how they differ, if at all.
As a Hypnotherapist I am not sure I can cast stones regarding scientific evidence, but I know it works.Very Happy
I also have never had any help from massage, although Reiki is good. And I see healers...not scientific, but great help.
But the neuro said to try to find some physio for my neck and the pot is not that full, I might have to chose.

This is a strange one I agree. Having run the same path when I first started practising I am always very open minded....
BUT
Not gullible.

I admit I am desperate for some life...I would like to live before I die, and for me that is a lot closer than for some of our posters....not morbid, just fact. So I have to keep trying to improve the FMS or the migraines, hopefully both.

The worst thing about meeting this fella is, I didn't like him that much. I didn't dislike him, but something didn't sit right.
Thanks again.

pen

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:17 am

Hi Pen,
We all (or I'd guess most of us) have done things that others may have considered useless. And perhaps some of us have even been helped. And to me, LOTS of what regular doctors do falls under the heading of guesswork and wishful thinking. But when you say that "something doesn't sit right" I'd pay attention to that. Trust your gut.

Anna
Anna
Anna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next