migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I got a job today!

+15
AuntieBubbs
Richard
moominamy
Chinookgrl
theresae
HeelerLady
alli
Cindy*W
dizzyflower
Anna's Mom
milo
CluelessKitty
Paradox
Stillhurtin
LG
19 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

I got a job today! Empty I got a job today!

Post  LG Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:24 pm

I got a job today everyone!

I have decided that at this point, my daughter is 19 months old and lacking socialization with other children..we are in desperate need of money, not to mention I have no money of my own..I feel very 60-70's housewifish; so I was talking to a close friend 5 minutes down the road and she said she may have an opening in her office! She also has a son about 6 months older than my daughter who goes to a great low cost daycare in a VERY nice neighborhood.

Well, I asked her if she wouldn't mind looking into the position and she said since she has a good standing in the office she can definitely get it for me as long as it is still available. I waited and she spoke to me today and said that she verified with her boss and I can have the position. I am going in tomorrow just to meet him (he is a lawyer, it is a law firm!) and go over what I will be doing and when I can start.

I also talked to her about daycare. She was speaking about her son and he loves it so much he often doesn't want to go home, he also was slow to speak but picked right up after the first initial weeks of going there and seeing other children talking. I am very excited to have Gia experience normal things, go outside every day..even when I can't take her. It will be a good thing at this age. They are leinent with time off as well and very understanding.

I think I can do this..I have high hopes, especially since my topamax has been working very well and I can rely on my rescue meds if needed.

Wish me luck guys!!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

I got a job today! Empty Re: I got a job today!

Post  Stillhurtin Wed Apr 07, 2010 5:44 pm

Great news LG Smile
I hope it works out well for you! Full time or part time?
Or not sure yet? Sounds cool! Very exciting!! I think you'll do great!!!
Stillhurtin
Stillhurtin

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:43 pm

Oh Sweetie!!!! WOO HOO! And a law firm yet! You can build yourself up to some pretty good bonuses.

I'm so happy for you. My kids LOVED going to the sitter. Be prepared though, it's rather disconcerting when they cry when you go to pick them up.

I'm so happy, but I will miss you. I don't think you'll be online as much any more Sad
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:03 pm

Congrats LG!

Back to top Go down

Post  CluelessKitty Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:04 pm

Congratulations!

cheers

Risa
CluelessKitty
CluelessKitty

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

Great news! Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna's Mom Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:07 pm

That is wonderful! I hope it all works out the very best Smile

Cheryl
Anna's Mom
Anna's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:10 pm

aww!! Thanks everyone!

I'll make time for all my Ronda buddies! I promise!!!

And Jess, it is 9-5 every day so it is full time. I am excited about the prospect of this because honestly..taking care of a child is generally a full time job as well..I do that so I hope I can handle this position as well...AND bring home revenue! I can only hope this will work for me and if not..I will further solidify the fact that I really should file a disability claim. If I cannot hold a job, I do not see why I shouldn't take advantage of the program specifically made for that reason..and most importantly, not feel guilty about it. All in all, I think this is a good thing no matter the outcome. Very Happy

I know daycare will be hard for the first few weeks..extremely hard, but I really do think it will be good for her. She desperately needs socialization at this age and she isn't getting that at home. I need to get past leaving her and think about what is best for her. I hope eventually she will love it and if it isn't working out it will always be her first, me second. Smile
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

I got a job today! Empty I got a job today

Post  dizzyflower Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:59 am

Congratulations.

Hope it works out brilliantly.

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

I got a job today! Empty Re: I got a job

Post  Cindy*W Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:59 am

LG, I am so excited for you!!!! cheers

I think you will love the law office.

I worked part time for an attorney years ago, and it was alot of fun.

It's amazing what you learn there and how useful that info can be down the road.

Oh, how I wish i could work! I so miss that work family that I used to have.

I know you will do great. You are so articulate in your posts. flower

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Apr 08, 2010 9:45 am

Congrats on the job!! That is so good to hear. My kids loved day care. I stayed home with them until they were two and then went back to work. They had so much fun with the other kids. It is only the first few weeks that they have separation anxiety and they are going to kid's work while Mommy goes to big people work.

Alli
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:01 am

Congratulations LG! Hope this works out for you. Smile
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:25 pm

congratulations, you will be fine, and Gia will love playing with all the other children, (well after the first wobbly week or two, but we all have thoose no matter what age they are,) i really hope this works out for you, and will be sending you positive vibes....
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

I got a job today! Empty Job

Post  Chinookgrl Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:24 pm

Congratulations!! It would be great to go back to work . I am happy for you.

Jo
Chinookgrl
Chinookgrl

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:47 pm

Congratulations! Sounds great and I hope it works out well. Gia might need a bit of time to adjust but I reckon she'll love meeting new friends. Keep us updated.

Amy

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:39 am

ugh. wish me luck, I'll need it. In my nerves, I slept horribly last night. I woke up with a migraine this morning! Oh no! I am trooping on and hoping nobody notices me in pain...I pray I can make it through the day...it seems like dropping Gia off at daycare is now the least of my worries. Mad
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:55 am

Good decision to seek a job and hearty congratulations on landing a good job!

Your thoughts on daycare for Gia make perfect sense. When Carey was a wee one, we put her into daycare too - for exactly the reasons you list - the need for her to be around other children!

Well done!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:30 pm

What is that story of the little choo-choo train? Just keep saying "I think I can, I think I can" and next thing you know you'll be through the day!

Sending hugs to you.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:25 pm

Hope the migraine let you have a good day. Come tell us how it went!! Hugs. I love you
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  LG Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:10 pm

Hey guys,

i'm wiped out but I had a good day. I took fioricet on the job and it worked so I was able to train coherently and do everything well.

As far as Gia went...she ran in, went directly to the other kids and played. I got a kiss and bye-bye from my friends son but she didn't even care. Laughing I left and she didn't even cry, she just played. I called around 1pm and they said she went down for a nap, ate a little bit of her sandwich and a lot of her snacks and was behaving very well. When I picked her up, they said she had fallen outside on the hill and hurt her nose (just a red spot, nothing bleeding). They iced it and gave her a binky and hugs and she went back to playing. I attribute this up to the fact that she is not used to wearing shoes for hours and also for standing and playing for as many hours as she did today because she was stumbling around a bit and overtired when I picked her up. She was also excited to see me but wanted to show me everything and didn't want to leave so I think she had a good time.

The job itself I think I can handle. Maybe. Lots of time spent on hold on the speakerphone but only 3 other people in the room and I may get seperate room. I talk to people about morgage stuff..banks. I also get files and jazz. Computers. I like computers. Not bad. Boss seems alright, do the work..do it right, all goes well. Other boss seems kind of..uhmm..yeah. But I don't deal with him often. Coworkers seem nice and the room is quiet, clean, scent-free and pretty pleasant

Guess we'll see how it goes from here!
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:38 pm

Sounds like the day went well. Yay! I'm glad Gia did so well at daycare. I bet she had a blast. She'll be making friends in no time, and telling you all about them. Smile
The job sounds good!! I'm glad the migraine didn't overwhelm you. That's such good news. Tomorrow will be even better. Get some rest! flower
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  milo Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:46 pm

Yay Gia!!!!!

So happy you made it through despite having to take a med while there.

Gia will have her days. They all do. It is what is best for your whole family. Just start watch your immunity, cus she will bring home every bug.

You certainly should be very proud of yourself!!!!
milo
milo

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Mon Apr 12, 2010 9:55 pm

Well done! I, for one, am very proud of you. New job and minimal separation anxiety from Gia! Great decision to start this job! I think you can, I think you can, I think you can!
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  HeelerLady Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:47 am

Way to go LG! Glad the first day went so well for both you and Gia. Smile

Um, yeah, about your bosses - attorneys are not noted for their people skills and attitudes towards staff. Just hang tough and get some physical exercise (batting cage anyone). Twisted Evil The only reason I say this is my mom is a legal secretary and has been for the last 20+ years. She's had some great bosses and some that she'd like to back over with her car.
HeelerLady
HeelerLady

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:12 am

Good job, Mom.

Went smoothly with Gia, went smoothly with you...now just wait til you get that first paycheck! cheers
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next