migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Makes one wonder

+9
estre004
alli
Richard
tecky
Brenda
Almostangela
Paradox
theresae
crawfy123
13 posters

Go down

Makes one wonder Empty Makes one wonder

Post  crawfy123 Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:28 am

why do people do mean things i mean i know that there are just evil people in this big ole marble but why do some pick on folks at there weakess moments....
crawfy123
crawfy123

Back to top Go down

Makes one wonder Empty Re: Makes one wonder

Post  theresae Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:35 am

Thats a big question!

just because they can, i think sometimes,
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:59 am

It never seems to fail, does it?

Hi John, good to see you. I'm Charlotte now, I used to be joanr
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Almostangela Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:55 am

Weak people gaining the illusion of power over someone they are envious of.

Angela
Almostangela
Almostangela

Back to top Go down

Post  Brenda Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:22 am

I really think they think if they put others down, it'll make themselves look bigger.
Brenda
Brenda

Back to top Go down

Post  tecky Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:28 am

It boosts their ego somehow...... Very hurtful.

Becky flower
tecky
tecky

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:00 am

Alcoholism, drug addiction, and Angela's answer. Some people just cannot live and let live - AND support one another when they are down. Pity, makes for a miserable life for the abuser.
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  theresae Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:35 am

Almostangela wrote:Weak people gaining the illusion of power over someone they are envious of.

Angela

very good answer sums it up nicely!
theresae
theresae

Back to top Go down

Post  alli Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:40 am

Some people just are mean to feel better about themselves. As hard as it is, after I get over how ticked off they make me, I feel sorry for them. Such small lives they must have.
alli
alli

Back to top Go down

Post  Richard Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

Amen, Alli, Amen
Richard
Richard

http://richardofravenhurst.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  estre004 Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:00 pm

They are just miserable people.

estre004

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:19 am

These people are like carnivorous animals in the wild, they see or smell blood and they go for the throat. The feed off of the persons behavior from their actions like the animal feeds off of the prey. When it comes to the human type though I agree that there's a bit of misery mixed in to give them a boost. I know most of you are very peaceful as I try to be most of time, but in some cases with these people fire against fire has worked better for me. Everyone has their weakness and I mean everyone. Sometimes it's good to show or in most cases , expose, to people, exactly what their weakness may be. I know, that's getting on their level, but continuously making myself a prey to a person's hateful actions is something I have never been great at doing. They are miserable and depressed people, no matter how rich, poor, beautiful or ugly they seem.

I befriended a girl once in school who had been in a coma for 6 months after a car accident. She had a mental disability which made her a target for the people we're talking about. They would laugh when she spoke, throw things at her, imitate her,spill things on her, trip her up, it was down right torture. I was always a very tall and built kid throughout school so I never had problems, but I would defend anyone who I saw was being targeted. I had enough and pounded these kids fiercely the next time I saw them go after her. So there they were laying there with their weaknesses exposed for everyone at school to see. Then they could go back to their miserable lives.

It's so much easier to Live and Let Live
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:12 am

Olee,

I always admired the kids like you in HS who would defend others. I don't remember ever picking on anyone, but neither to I remember defending anyone. I remember one popular jock in HS, Mike. There was a mentally handicapped girl, Kitty, who had crushes on all the jocks. They were very cruel to her. Mike would always take time to speak to Kitty in the hallway, and to sit briefly at her table to say "hello". Just those few moments every day made Kitty's world a better place. Because of it Kitty would follow Mike around constantly, but it never irritated him. He always protected her.

Because of my son, I have a special place in my heart for the Mike's and the Olee's of the world.

The kids in our community have always been very good to my son. He was the only one at his graduation ceremony who got a standing ovation from his classmates when he crossed the stage. And yes, I cried and cried.
Paradox
Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  moominamy Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:19 am

Oh Charlotte,
Your post just had me welling up. Pregnancy hormones have a lot to answer for - I cried when I heard some friends had split up the other day, but the smallest things on TV can set me off too.

moominamy

Back to top Go down

Post  Olee Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:29 pm

paradox wrote:Olee,

I always admired the kids like you in HS who would defend others. I don't remember ever picking on anyone, but neither to I remember defending anyone. I remember one popular jock in HS, Mike. There was a mentally handicapped girl, Kitty, who had crushes on all the jocks. They were very cruel to her. Mike would always take time to speak to Kitty in the hallway, and to sit briefly at her table to say "hello". Just those few moments every day made Kitty's world a better place. Because of it Kitty would follow Mike around constantly, but it never irritated him. He always protected her.

Because of my son, I have a special place in my heart for the Mike's and the Olee's of the world.

The kids in our community have always been very good to my son. He was the only one at his graduation ceremony who got a standing ovation from his classmates when he crossed the stage. And yes, I cried and cried.

I have a special place in my heart for the people like your son. My grandmother taught me at a young age that a good heart can lie inside many exteriors. I used to spend the summer with her and there was a boy in the neighborhood that was a relative of my grandmother's best friend. He had cerebral palsy but to a young boy like me, hot wheel cars, baseball and building forts was all you had to do, and he did that well. We were great friends every summer and sure some of the older kids stared but I didn't care, I had asthma, he had cerebral palsy, we all have something about us right? I guess that attitude carried on throughout my life. The girl I spoke of, she was a great person. I admired her so much for her determination and intelligence. I never really thought I did much of anything, but listen to her and protect her, but she made it known years later. During our class reunion she walked up to me and introduced me to her husband and thanked me for caring. I was never trying to be some type of hero, but there are people in this world who have such a great heart and we could all benefit if we would just listen and let them share.
Olee
Olee

Back to top Go down

Makes one wonder Empty Crawfy

Post  lesherb Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:06 pm

I'm so glad I clicked on this thread. Thank you to all the heroes out there.

And, John, how are you? Did something happen to you to cause you to start this thread? I hope you're okay.

£eslie
lesherb
lesherb

Back to top Go down

Post  Kate Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:04 pm

Even though I`ve been around people like this, I`ll never be able to understand that mentality of a person because I don`t think like they do. I think people like this are very narcissistic and don`t feel empathy for others. So it`s easy for them to be mean to others because they can`t feel anything. It`s like they get a "high" off of hurting others.

Kate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down