migrainepage
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Venting - bad migraine tonight

+3
LG
rileyoday
AuntieBubbs
7 posters

Go down

Venting - bad migraine tonight Empty Venting - bad migraine tonight

Post  AuntieBubbs Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:44 pm

I've been in a good migraine-free cycle lately, so I'm really bummed to be hit with a bad migraine today.
i woke up with it tihs morning, level 8 at least. Felt like my head was in a vice and being squeezed. Was in denial of course, so didn't take anything until about noon. Relpax and advil, helped bring it down to about a 5. I had to drive today to go to the bank to deposit money to be able to write my rent check, so even thought I felt dizzy and fuzzy headed, I went.
Felt nauseous, disoriented, just sick all afternoon. Was so hungry I ate a little dinner but not much, my head felt lilke someone was stabbling me with an ice pick along with squeezing me with a vice. My nephew was blowing a whistle too, which really hurt me.
I finally took relpax and tramadol and feel marginally better, but am going to lay down. Just in case you don't see me this weekend, that may be why. Sad Send positive thoughts my way, please! Thank you Smile
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Venting - bad migraine tonight Empty Bad M tonight

Post  rileyoday Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 am

auntieB , tramadol could be more useful for M if taken early. ever try it preventive 3 x day ? when I took it the disclousure

for the drug went on about raising serotonin levels. That was something I used to chase after. { though none of the scripts

ever helped. } I have felt better on 50-100mg dose. Hide that whistle. Bet he has lots of quite toys. hope you get better

soon.

rileyoday

Back to top Go down

Venting - bad migraine tonight Empty Re: Venting - bad migraine tonight

Post  LG Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:57 am

If I don't see you Bubbs, I'll miss you! I hope you feel better real soon and that relpax and tramadol combo does help. I will be sending tons of positive thoughts your way! I agree about hiding the whistle, I do it with all Gia's loud obnoxious toys and the dogs' as well when I am down with a bad m. so my husband doesn't let her play them go off.

Make sure to leave a few tolerable noise-making ones out (medium pitched ones...certainly NOT the busy-ball popper..I don't know WTH I was thinking when I bought that LOL) so his parents don't notice them all being gone. I know being a mother myself, I wouldn't notice a few toys missing. I'm broke and still have a thousand toys LOL!

Feel better hun. If there is anything I can do please DO NOT hesitate to ask me. PM me. Please, do not feel stupid. I've been there. I love you
LG
LG
LG

Back to top Go down

Venting - bad migraine tonight Empty hope you feel better soon!

Post  dizzyflower Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:08 am

regards

Di

dizzyflower

Back to top Go down

Post  Brain Pain Mom Sun Feb 28, 2010 2:41 pm

I really hope that you are feeling better. HUG
Brain Pain Mom
Brain Pain Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Cindy*W Sun Feb 28, 2010 8:57 pm

Sure hope you are feeing better.

I have been in a really good cycle now for almost three week!

Had been getting a pain shot every two weeks so that it really good for me.

Hopefully this will continue.

Take care and get help if it gets worse.

Cindy
Cindy*W
Cindy*W

Back to top Go down

Post  kw Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:28 am

Auntie--did you not have any of your stadol? I'm going to assume you were out or you would have used it to knock this sucker out!!! I feel your pain. It always seems that the bad ones hit when our stronger meds are gone and it isn't time to refill yet!!! Sending you warm thoughts and hopefully that mig is gone, but if you are like me, your head is still sore! Lots of love!
kw
kw

Back to top Go down

Post  AuntieBubbs Mon Mar 01, 2010 1:40 pm

Thanks guys, I finally woke up migraine-free yesterday, then overdid it by going for a power-walk in the sun for an hour (I really needed exercise and fresh air though!) thinking I felt much better than I did.
I'm feeling tons better today though. No power-walking til this evening, I promise!

KW, I was/am out of stadol Sad I think if I'd had my rescue stadol, I wouldn't have needed 4 triptans in 2 days to knock out the darn migraine, you know? As a rule I do not take more than 4 or 5 triptans in a month, typically. I'm pretty good at making a 9-pill script last 2 months, esp. now that I've gotten in this really good cycle with the topomax, the tramadol, the trips and the stadol routine.

Ah well. It is what it is. I felt all the positive thoughts coming my way Very Happy
AuntieBubbs
AuntieBubbs

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down